Timeouts are caused by admins.

I have tested this and tested this and tested this and I have determined crashes are caused by admins, they send malformed packets to your connection and it makes your game to stuff up.
Wireshark is sort-of effective at countering these attacks, but you have to be diligent.
I have more or less figured out a way to stop my game from timing out but I wish the sa:mp team could make it so these renegades don't attack innocent people.
It is extremely frustrating.
I also wanted to ask, when I install sa:mp the samp installer attempts to modify "C:\WINDOWS\system32\d3dx9_25.dll" what is the purpose of this modification? If i don't allow the modification the game still plays fine, why does it attempt to modify this file? What is the purpose?
Thanks for your time.

I totally agree with this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James505
I have tested this and tested this and tested this and I have determined crashes are caused by admins, they send malformed packets to your connection and it makes your game to stuff up.
Wireshark is sort-of effective at countering these attacks, but you have to be diligent.
I have more or less figured out a way to stop my game from timing out but I wish the sa:mp team could make it so these renegades don't attack innocent people.
I also wanted to ask, when I install sa:mp the samp installer attempts to modify "C:\WINDOWS\system32\d3dx9_25.dll" what is the purpose of this modification? If i don't allow the modification the game still plays fine, why does it attempt to modify this file? What is the purpose?
Thanks for your time.
And how are admins supposed to send those "malformed packets"? Rhetorical question, but still, and why would admins do it? It would as you said, frustrate clients and make them believe the server sucks, then they don't come back. I am an admin (Scripter and Owner in fact) and I would NEVER timeout my clients. It's stupid, has no point, loses valuable clients, and what you say is most likely a false statement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dak_Narden
Quote:
Thanks for your time.
And how are admins supposed to send those "malformed packets"? Rhetorical question, but still, and why would admins do it? It would as you said, frustrate clients and make them believe the server sucks, then they don't come back. I am an admin (Scripter and Owner in fact) and I would NEVER timeout my clients. It's stupid, has no point, loses valuable clients, and what you say is most likely a false statement.
That, and it's not possible for server admins to send "malformed packets". That would be up to the server itself, and no reputable server would intentionally modify packets to crash clients, it makes no sense.

d3dx9_25.dll is a file which SA:MP installs into the system32 directory, whether it already exists or not. This is a DirectX9 file which SA:MP needs to operate properly.

Yes it is possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dak_Narden
Quote:
Thanks for your time.
because there asshats

You sir, are an idiot. Please describe how admins do this, and fake the source as the server.

I have 20-30 files of proof of hostile activity from crazy bobs server.
No sir, I am not an idiot.

Post them then. And you are an idiot.

If i were to post them it could perhaps be compromising to my system.
I know whats going on, im sure you know whats going on.
There is nothing you can tell me that will change my mind, keep swimming up denial river for all i give a fuck.