Weapons/Drugs through gangs only

So currently I'm making a roleplay script and Ive had the idea that drugs/guns should only go through gangs, and then maybe sell legal weapons in a gun store (limited guns, won't be anything strong) and so I was wondering if this would appeal to people, or would this make it worse for the server and players?

I'm just looking for general feedback with this to find out what people like.

Well basically, guns should be brought in the gun store instead of the gangs. But it needs license to acquire a weaponry which can be tested in the shooting range. Also in drugs, there should be a plantation for it if possible and it will be guarded by players. My suggestion =]

This is my opinion: Restricting guns/drugs to only gang members is totally stupid. I've hated every server that has added this in. I'd strongly suggest you make it open for public.

Make it open for everyone, mate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachKnoxx
Посмотреть сообщение
This is my opinion: Restricting guns/drugs to only gang members is totally stupid. I've hated every server that has added this in. I'd strongly suggest you make it open for public.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parallex
Посмотреть сообщение
Make it open for everyone, mate.
Whats the downsides of making the guns come through gangs? Not all guns, but any gun that would be pretty strong and then some stuff in Gun stores (deagle, rifle, shotgun). Just want to know peoples views of this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachKnoxx
Посмотреть сообщение
I'm sure that the OP meant that only official factions, which would be logical enough to own a gun factory such as a highly organized mob would be the main source of illegal firearms, same goes for the drug plantation.

This is absolutely the way to go if you want to run a role play server without turning it into a DM zone where everyone you see on the street has an assault rifle hidden in his ass. Most bigger RP servers such as LSRP has this system, and it seems to be working fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krest
Посмотреть сообщение
I'm sure that the OP meant that only official factions, which would be logical enough to own a gun factory such as a highly organized mob would be the main source of illegal firearms, same goes for the drug plantation.

This is absolutely the way to go if you want to run a role play server without turning it into a DM zone where everyone you see on the street has an assault rifle hidden in his ass. Most bigger RP servers such as LSRP has this system, and it seems to be working fine.
That's what I'm trying to do. I don't want to make an arms dealer class so people can join and craft themselves on the spot. I also want to make it so if you do try get a weapon, it isn't easy to get a decent one and only the less 'powerful' ones can be purchased through the gun store. I was thinking of a gun factory, located somewhere in the server which gangs can use and produce crates of a certain gun which they can take back and store.