Filterscript and a Gamemode difference ?

Hi I want to know a few things.

1)What is the difference between a Filterscript and a Gamemode?
2)Which is better?
3)When should I use a Filterscript?And why?

In my server gamemode I have 2 teams,few commands like weapons,skin,stats etc[some have dialogs]
Out of this which should I add as Filterscript and which as a gamemode? Because the script looks kinda messy.

Also how do I add a Filterscript in server.cfg?

BUMP!

A gamemode is the core of a server, It has all the main features that you would need.
And filterscripts are just like plugins, Except that they are plugins for your gamemode not the samp server.

A filterscript can be used for anything really.. Some people create their server using a small gamemode and then spread the other features on filterscripts.

And some people(including me) just add everything in the gamemode and don't use filterscripts at all.

What do you mean plugins for your gamemode?

This will give you the answer to your question ---> https://sampwiki.blast.hk/wiki/Server.cfg

Filterscripts can be used to create large gamemodes where for example the vehicle script is a filterscript, the house system is a filterscript, etc.

Because you can load and unload filterscripts without restarting the server, updates are easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sithis
Посмотреть сообщение
Filterscripts can be used to create large gamemodes where for example the vehicle script is a filterscript, the house system is a filterscript, etc.

Because you can load and unload filterscripts without restarting the server, updates are easy.
But having them statically as filterscripts isn't the way to go about, bugs are most likely to appear, whereas the server might even get totally bugged, forcing a restart. It's always good to keep like 1-3 filterscripts statically (assuming that you want to), and the rest of your stuff in your gamemode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickAttack
Посмотреть сообщение
But having them statically as filterscripts isn't the way to go about, bugs are most likely to appear, whereas the server might even get totally bugged, forcing a restart. It's always good to keep like 1-3 filterscripts statically (assuming that you want to), and the rest of your stuff in your gamemode.
True, it is not my preference either. I wonder why anyone uses pawn anymore since there's better alternatives such as sampgdk and sampsharp.

the Gamemode is the main, core script of your server. It is the gamemode. So, the Gamemode is where you put the logic for the gameplay (RP, Capture the flag, team death match, death match etc...)..

Filterscripts are standalone, compiled scripts which can be loaded or unloaded onto the server at any time. Unlike a gamemode, a filterscript can be loaded into the server from In game by using /rcon loadfs [FSname]. And this loads a filterscript in the background (no server reset needed). With a gamemode you would need to add the GM to the server.cfg and reset the server, also you can only run ONE gamemode at a time. Wher eas with filterscripts you can run many different ones alongside each other.

Filterscripts are usually things like anti-hack systems, admin systems, extra commands, business/housing systems... all of that sort of stuff.

2) They are both good! Depends on whatever feels best for your projects needs. In the past though, i have had issues with filterscripts where they havnt loaded properly on server restart.

3) In My Opinion, you should use a filterscript when there are some features you want on your server, but havnt got time or the know-how to script it yourself. Filterscrits are nice because you can load them on and off your server without having to touch any code... So you can download a filescript for hosuing, business, vehicle ownership, admin, even system etc... and then slowly over time just write your own code in the GAmemode which replaces the filterscripts with better systems of your own!

Hope ive helped!