PC Questions Thread

I would stick with a Z77 motherboard. Other than that, the other parts are probably fine.

I was taking a look at the H77Ma-G43. I don't remember if also the H77 chipset is for overclocking, it does support 3.0 USB, 6Gbit/s SATA 3, AMD CrossFireX Certified, PCI-E 3.0 x16 and 2.0 x8.

The Z77-MA-G41 has the same features but it's for overclocking and it has 2.0 x16 as second PCI-E slot and supports 1600+Mhz frequency . Since i3 CPU is not unlocked for overclocking may I stay with the H77 this time?

The price is Ђ72,56 for the H77 and Ђ88,71 for the Z77. Worth to spend 16Ђ extra for a Z77? :/

oh yea this processor is not expensive.. my bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by doreto
Посмотреть сообщение
CPU - 550 BGN
GPU - 490 BGN
Motherboard - 346 BGN

Total cost: 1386 BGN wich is Ђ693

I could take 1TB HDD insted of 2 and some money and could put up to 100-200Ђ into pc build.
  • How i could check if motherboard match case size? I don't wont to buy case that motherboard can't fit in. - Build
  • Doest build from my above post(HERE) water cooling or i can just stick with fans.
remember that the cpu youre getting doesnt come with a heatsink or fan. Water cooling is better for overclocking, a fan is fine for stock clocks, just make sure the cooler supports lga 2011.

1. go to the link of your motherboard. it should say atx. if its just atx, then any midsize case will do. go to the cases link, it should say motherboards supported: micro atx, atx, etc.

you will need case fans to keep other components cooled. if you want to watercool your cpu, keep in mind that it costs more, but would be better if you plan on ocing it.

but if i were you, i would buy a nice fan and heatsink 35-50$ usd, and keep stock clocks as there really isnt a reason to oc a brand new processor that runs at 3.7-3.9 and has 4cores, 8 threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carz0159
Посмотреть сообщение
remember that the cpu youre getting doesnt come with a heatsink or fan. Water cooling is better for overclocking, a fan is fine for stock clocks, just make sure the cooler supports lga 2011.

1. go to the link of your motherboard. it should say atx. if its just atx, then any midsize case will do. go to the cases link, it should say motherboards supported: micro atx, atx, etc.

you will need case fans to keep other components cooled. if you want to watercool your cpu, keep in mind that it costs more, but would be better if you plan on ocing it.

but if i were you, i would buy a nice fan and heatsink 35-50$ usd, and keep stock clocks as there really isnt a reason to oc a brand new processor that runs at 3.7-3.9 and has 4cores, 8 threads.
I completely forgot about CPU fan and i come to following Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO with LGA 2011(picture 1, picture 2) that even come with thermal paste also thanks for remember me about it … and yes i won’t overclock it as is 3.6GHz is enough for me as i don’t bother in video editing or any 3D render.I did some research and find a case which is Cooler Master Elite 430 but right away i found that case size (W x H x D mm) 190 х 424 х 490 won’t be available to put motherboard which is 305 x 224. I may be wrong but check it how big it look picture 1, picture 2, picture 3

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
I completely forgot about CPU fan and i come to following Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO with LGA 2011(picture 1, picture 2) that even come with thermal paste also thanks for remember me about it … and yes i won’t overclock it as is 3.6GHz is enough for me as i don’t bother in video editing or any 3D render.I did some research and find a case which is Cooler Master Elite 430 but right away i found that case size (W x H x D mm) 190 х 424 х 490 won’t be available to put motherboard which is 305 x 224. I may be wrong but check it how big it look picture 1, picture 2, picture 3
it will fit. but i would get an asrock x79 extreme 4 motherboard if you can. they are better for ivy bridge-e. and include a host of new features like more sata 6gb, etc, which will be important if youre not running an ssd.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
it will fit. but i would get an asrock x79 extreme 4 motherboard if you can. they are better for ivy bridge-e. and include a host of new features like more sata 6gb, etc, which will be important if youre not running an ssd.
I didn’t any difference between extrem 3 and 4 else that PCI-Express 1x slots are 2 instead of 1 and motherboard size which is 305 x 244.Could you point me what 4 is better than 3 in my build.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
I didn’t any difference between extrem 3 and 4 else that PCI-Express 1x slots are 2 instead of 1 and motherboard size which is 305 x 244.Could you point me what 4 is better than 3 in my build.
Well, where I live, they don't even sell 3 anymore, so I dont have a choice. How much more expensive is 4? If its not much more, I would get it.

It offers sata 6 which is faster than sata 3 and offers greater read/write speeds for your hard drives. It also has more pci e busses which will make transfering data between pci and your cpu quicker, therefore you will get better graphics performance.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
I'm gonna soon soon order parts to build pc and i want you opinion about following:

GPU: GIGABYTE GF GTX 760 2GB 256bit DDR5 PCI-E
CPU: Intel Core i7- 4820K 3.7GHz LGA2011
RAM: Corsair 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600MHz or Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1866MHz - depend how much money left
Motherboard: ASRock X79 Extreme3
Power supply: Corsair TX850 CMPSU-850TXV2 (850W) or probably 1000W Cooler Master will be enough
HDD: Western Digital Caviar Green 2TB 64MB 7200rpm SATA3 (probably buy SSD later)

Bare in mind that am limited by money and i'm not such a expert and if there is something to change/upgrade tell me. Thanks
The motherboard is too much, the processor is too much. Any i5 is good enough. 1000 Watt for a power supply is too much. Downgrade these, you'll save money to afford something like an gaming keyboard / mouse and also you will be able to afford a SSD.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
I'm gonna soon soon order parts to build pc and i want you opinion about following:

GPU: GIGABYTE GF GTX 760 2GB 256bit DDR5 PCI-E
CPU: Intel Core i7- 4820K 3.7GHz LGA2011
RAM: Corsair 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600MHz or Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1866MHz - depend how much money left
Motherboard: ASRock X79 Extreme3
Power supply: Corsair TX850 CMPSU-850TXV2 (850W) or probably 1000W Cooler Master will be enough
HDD: Western Digital Caviar Green 2TB 64MB 7200rpm SATA3 (probably buy SSD later)

Bare in mind that am limited by money and i'm not such a expert and if there is something to change/upgrade tell me. Thanks
There's enough 600W of power supply. Also I'd rather get a lower CPU model like 4770k or 3770k, even for an i5 for gaming is enough and buy a stronger GPU. Those i7 CPU models use a different socket so watch out to choose another motherboard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArcher
Посмотреть сообщение
There's enough 600W of power supply. Also I'd rather get a lower CPU model like 4770k or 3770k, even for an i5 for gaming is enough and buy a stronger GPU. Those i7 CPU models use a different socket so watch out to choose another motherboard.
i think its fine, what he should do is downgrade the psu tho, i think 750 watts would be the sweet spot.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
i think its fine, what he should do is downgrade the psu tho, i think 750 watts would be the sweet spot.
Strong CPU with a weak GPU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchurmanCQC
Посмотреть сообщение
Didn't post graphics tab because it doesn't show anything useful, but my graphics card specs are:
MSI AMD Radeon HD 7700 2gb GDDR3: 800MHz Core, 1600 Mhz GDDR3, 512 Stream Processors, DVI-I, HDMI, DPort, PCIe 3.0
You have a relatively new GPU with a very old motherboard to only have a 775 CPU socket. I don't think it's even possible to buy a motherboard with a 775 socket anymore unless it's from a 3rd party source. Basically like TheArcher said, your RAM, CPU and Motherboard are bottle-necking your GPU. You need to upgrade your whole system before the GPU will work to it's full potential. You can't stick whatever you like into your PC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbienoob
Посмотреть сообщение
no. i cant start my laptop. so i wonder where they are.
You might deleted the partition wrongly. So the most of the cases any data of Local C has gone. You can recover some files using a software. ****** it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArcher
Посмотреть сообщение
@SchurmanCQC

I can tell you that I am coming from a Socket 775 CPU and DDr2 RAM (3GB like you).

The 7700 of series is not enough, because it is just the series not the model (like 7750 , 7770, 7790 etc..)

I can tell you that you could change the CPU and RAM since they might bottleneck your system..

Also the HD7700 series is low-end gaming GPU profile, so you don't really have a gaming PC to play with but it should be able to run almost any games at 1080p med textures, and other low settings.

What do you mean? The Local C is empty?
Quote:
Originally Posted by V1ceC1ty
Посмотреть сообщение
You have a relatively new GPU with a very old motherboard to only have a 775 CPU socket. I don't think it's even possible to buy a motherboard with a 775 socket anymore unless it's from a 3rd party source. Basically like TheArcher said, your RAM, CPU and Motherboard are bottle-necking your GPU. You need to upgrade your whole system before the GPU will work to it's full potential. You can't stick whatever you like into your PC.
Thank you both for your help. I can say that I was looking for a better CPU a while back (about 6 months ago) and found that nobody is selling CPUs compatible with 775 socket anymore. I was looking at a motherboard and CPU combination, but along with my newer GPU and 550 watt power supply (to power my GPU), I just couldn't afford it. I'll look into upgrading the other half of my computer when I get some money.

Thanks again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchurmanCQC
Посмотреть сообщение
Thank you both for your help. I can say that I was looking for a better CPU a while back (about 6 months ago) and found that nobody is selling CPUs compatible with 775 socket anymore. I was looking at a motherboard and CPU combination, but along with my newer GPU and 550 watt power supply (to power my GPU), I just couldn't afford it. I'll look into upgrading the other half of my computer when I get some money.

Thanks again!
Glad it helped you.. However take a look at this link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/27mhN

That could be a decent gaming PC.

Force3D AMD ATI radeon HD 6450 2Gb DDR3 HDMI DVI VGA x16 HD 1080P

Will it work on latest games like GTA:IV, Assassin's Creed 4, Driver: San Francisco and all the other awesome games?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime
Посмотреть сообщение
Force3D AMD ATI radeon HD 6450 2Gb DDR3 HDMI DVI VGA x16 HD 1080P

Will it work on latest games like GTA:IV, Assassin's Creed 4, Driver: San Francisco and all the other awesome games?
No.. The HD 63xx, 64xx, 65xx, 66xx, 74xx, 75xx etc... cards are low-end profile. Depends on your budget but I'd suggest you a HD7770 if you're under $100, HD7850 for about $150, GTX 660 for $180, GTX 760 for $216.. etc..

What is this error؟؟؟

The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingServerIRAN
Посмотреть сообщение
What is this error؟؟؟

The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application
https://www.******.lt/#q=The+applica...e+application+