Suggestions for future SA:MP updates

Posibility to view server fps in console

Very needed feature is an unique ID from client. Let's say a function:

GetClientUniqueID(playerid);

would return the clients game unique id, could be used to deal with 3rd party proxy programs. i.e Write his unique id into a file after a ban, so that his full-ip and name change won't be effective to invade server again. I hope somebody understands the need of this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EV007
Посмотреть сообщение
Very needed feature is an unique ID from client. Let's say a function:

GetClientUniqueID(playerid);

would return the clients game unique id, could be used to deal with 3rd party proxy programs. i.e Write his unique id into a file after a ban, so that his full-ip and name change won't be effective to invade server again. I hope somebody understands the need of this.
Nice idea, but can be changed easy.

What do you mean? Also, an upgrade to OnPlayerTakeDamage would be great or a new callback. Instead of calling it when player takes damage, i suggest to call it when player SHOULD take damage, i.e a player uses a godmode hack that freezes his HP, if i'd shoot him, the callback would still call even if he did not take the damage..

EDIT: Only possibility of making something specific atm, is only making a command that would call OnPlayerGiveDamage function.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EV007
Посмотреть сообщение
What do you mean?
You can't trust the client...

SetPlayerRunSpeed(playerid, maxspeed);
SetPlayerStamina(playerid, level); -1 = infinite

Disable car blips on map (already mentioned)

Possibly make all player animations server side (onplayerupdate shows them, but does not display to connected players)
Create better sync for people with 100+ ping

Decrease players ping's

Update player movements more frequently

Identify corrupt packets on query

Prevent player keys

Make all animations the same speed regardless of FPS (swimming shooting running...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampreader
Посмотреть сообщение
Decrease players ping's
You can not decrease ping. Some players increase it to get harder to hit due bad sync.

Quote:

SetDialogInputLenght(playerid, lenght); - sets the maximum length of text that can be typed in next DIALOG_STYLE_INPUT or DIALOG_STYLE_PASSWORD dialogs.

What the.. ?! Go and hide your posts! if you know what is it?

I saw this recently due to the tropical shit that happened here in Florida. What about

Yosmite being able to tow 'Euro's' you know something like that, or is that already there. If so, PM me the code :O

I'd like to see some more features that allow us to mess about with in game things.

For instance, that vehicle parameters function was added that allowed us to change the vehicle engine and lights status, that was pretty awesome!
I'd love to be able to make certain objects dynamic or not, not just models but individual objects, so I could create a crate and set it to be static, and create the same crate again but set it to be dynamic.
And changing the mass and other values would be nice too, for instance the amount of shots needed to break the object, or maybe even setting what happens when an object is shot/driven into, for instance controlling explosive barrels.

I know this will probably never happen, but client side scripts that can be triggered server side would just complete SA:MP for me in every way!

Keep up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by adik311
Посмотреть сообщение
SetHeightLimitOfAircraft(Float:height = 800.0); or
SetPlayerHeightLimitOfAircraft(playerid, Float:height = 800.0); 800.0 is a default height limit now.
The idea is nice, but if people can fly above 1000.0, there's quite a high chance that they'll crash into the interiors. Yes, they are invisible in interior 0, but their collision models are still there in every interior.

UTF-8 TextDraws.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeg
Посмотреть сообщение
UTF-8 TextDraws.
Im not sure whether gta sa supports it

Video streaming ingame.
A cinimar like building in which you can enter (for the movie streaming)
Able to access the internet through the game
Better sync

Edit: make all skins able to buy and put on different clothes like in sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefatshizms
Посмотреть сообщение
Video streaming ingame.
A cinimar like building in which you can enter (for the movie streaming)
Able to access the internet through the game
Better sync

Edit: make all skins able to buy and put on different clothes like in sa
Video streaming ingame. <-- This will increase the hosting prices by 500% and too much bandwidth and too much resources never will happen.

Edit: make all skins able to buy and put on different clothes like in sa useless, use PAWN to do that... Unless you mean like the clothes stores to try the item on first

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Dresta
Посмотреть сообщение
Somethin like this

DownloadFileForPlayer(playerid, url); - that will automatically download files to GTA San Andreas folder.

This can be awesome funcion, cuz then player who joins the server, will automatically download for ex. custom skins, maps and etc.

Then we will need one more funcion like ReconnectPlayerToGTA(playerid); (to SAMP ) cause if you will set downloading for player, then you need to restart GTA to apply new files.

Also ShowCustomImageForPlayer(playerid, imageid);

In the top of script like this:
New image: imageid

onGMInit:

imageid = url

also many functions like HideCustomImageForPlayer, ShowCustomImageToAll end etc.

Sorry for my bad english

Will not be made due to viruses etc.
Also will samp stay in the gta sa style(so, no custom skins and stuff)

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Dresta
Посмотреть сообщение
Unsupported.

1) The download file thing can be abused to download malicious files to a player's computer. A backdoor would eventually be scripted by somebody that would download huge 1 GB files or viruses to players computers. When a player plays on a server, they want to sit there and enjoy it, and not have to download shit. Safety is a key.

2) The image feature would be abused, for example, somebody would think it's funny to put a nasty image (like a dick or somebody's asscheeks) into the server, then show it to all the players. Just use textdraws if you want to show an 'image'.

I'd support the download thing if it had built-in virus scanning and a size limit...

Код:
Suggestions for future SA:MP updates
Add Video Option?
So that the player is able to see the video ig

Function CreateExplosion(Float:X, Float:Y, Float:Z, type, Float:radius); -- add the following parameters:
virtualworld -- explosion only in one world (-1 for all virtual worlds),
interior -- like above, but in interiors (-1 = for all interiors),
playerid -- explosion visible for player (-1 = for all).

SetPlayerDrivingSkills
SetPlayerFlyingSkills
SetPlayerGamblingSkills