[Tutorial] How to quickly and easily update your SERVER to 0.3d

This is a tutorial for upgrading samp servers to 0.3d on Windows.

I'm not going to bother formatting this tutorial to make it look nice, because it's really straight forward.

Download the server package from www.sa-mp.com/download.php
Open your GTA: SA directory (or wherever your samp-server.exe file is)
Open the downloaded server package and open \pawno\include
Press CTRL+A to select all the new includes and press Ctrl+C to copy them
Go to your GTA: SA directory and go to \pawno\include and paste the files (Ctrl+V) allowing over-writes when prompted
Go back to the server package and navigate back to where the new samp-server.exe file is
Copy the samp-server announce and samp-npc exe files from the server package to your GTA: SA directory
Re-compile your scripts, now that you have the new includes

It really isn't that hard once you know how.

Nice tutorial, won't help me since I've had 0.3d since RC1.. But hopefully this will prevent a million questions from being asked in Scripting Discussion.

Nice tut

I never understood how stupid people must be to not be able to do this themselves without any help. Thanks for the topic though, now I've got something to link them to.

Useless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTrIx4057
View Post
Useless.
If only.

Nice tutorial good job

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTrIx4057
View Post
Useless.
I saw a lot of threads today, about "HELP! I need help with 0.3d", and that tutorial helps.
Good job man!

Hiddos is right. For me I copied 0.3d files to my current gamemode lays at.

i've got somewhat of a problem, like the server says everything alright and the typefish website says its online and on the internet list, but on my samp client it says "retrieving info" and and i try to start it anyway it gets to the logon screen and crashes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtweak
Посмотреть сообщение
i've got somewhat of a problem, like the server says everything alright and the typefish website says its online and on the internet list, but on my samp client it says "retrieving info" and and i try to start it anyway it gets to the logon screen and crashes?
Are you running VPS or Running the server on your own pc?

This is a tutorial for updating to 0.3d from pervious server versions, not setting up a server.

You forgot to write that filterscripts folder also have to be copied, and maybe other npc files

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dripac
Посмотреть сообщение
You forgot to write that filterscripts folder also have to be copied, and maybe other npc files
Unnecessary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dripac
Посмотреть сообщение
You don't need to copy the whole Filterscripts/NPC folder, But, Filterscripts inside that folder which you just downloaded(0.3D) Contains 0.3D scripts...

doesnt work with linux OS.

good job for newbies
But who doesn't know this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by §с†¶e®РµРe
Посмотреть сообщение
good job for newbies
But who doesn't know this?
You just answered your own question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tama
Посмотреть сообщение
doesnt work with linux OS.
The post clearly says this tutorial is for windows. I don't have any knowledge of Linux.

UseFul to those who are very newbies

I know this topic is almost dead, but i got a question:
when i decided to start scripting, i downloaded the 0.3d Windows Server Package, but still when trying to test my updates to the script, i have to run it on 0.3c.

Help?

Thank You anyways.