Deleted Threads Idea.

Hi,

Recently i've seen many threads getting deleted cause they were useless or the starter violated the forum rules.
Most of the starters didn't understand why their topic was deleted. So they create another one asking 'Wtf was my old topic about [Subject] deleted?'. These threads are pretty annoying, since there are too much of them.

Woudn't it be great if a mod could fill in a reason for the delete? The topicstarter will get a PM (done by the forum system): Your thread [Threadname] has been deleted by forum moderator [Modname]. The reason for this delete was: [Reason]

Hopefully that will prevent 'delete-topics' in the future.

Greetz,
Danny

I would also like to see that. If the forum engine got no features for that, mods could at least PM the threadstarter, a few words would be enough. But I dont think they will, as this would increase their work.

If they are to stupid to make another topic and ask "why was my topic deleted" , be sure that they will still make an topic with "why was my topic deleted" after they get the private-message.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGuardianAngel
Посмотреть сообщение
If they are to stupid to make another topic and ask "why was my topic deleted" , be sure that they will still make an topic with "why was my topic deleted" after they get the private-message.
I don't think so, cause the PM has answered their question already
Yeah ofcourse, there are some noobs here that gonna ignore that message. But i think this would decrease the amount of 'delete-topics' with 70 percent.

Why not make a 'Recycle Bin' sub-forum where deleted topics are just moved to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCheriyan007
Посмотреть сообщение
Why not make a 'Recycle Bin' sub-forum where deleted topics are just moved to?
Topics get deleted for a reason. If you make something like that, you'll ruin the whole 'delete'-idea.