About Gates

Help i don't quit understand about the gates so can some one explain it better?
sorry for my english
i got this off of sa-mp wiki
Код:
 Getting ready

Before you begin scripting your moving gates, we'll need to have a few functions ready - we will use the function PlayerToPoint(). PlayerToPoint is a function that checks player's distance from a certain point and then according to what the check says, returns true (the player is near the point, within the radius) or false (player is out of the given radius).

PlayerToPoint(Float:radius, playerid, Float:X, Float:Y, Float:Z)
{
  new Float:oldpos[3], Float:temppos[3];
  GetPlayerPos(playerid, oldpos[0], oldpos[1], oldpos[2]);
  temppos[0] = (oldpos[0] -X);
  temppos[1] = (oldpos[1] -Y);
  temppos[2] = (oldpos[2] -Z);
  if(((temppos[0] < radius) && (temppos[0] > -radius)) && ((temppos[1] < radius) && (temppos[1] > -radius)) && ((temppos[2] < radius) && (temppos[2] > -radius)))
  {
    return true;
  }
  return false;
}

Additionally, you need to have coordinates of 2 locations - closed and open gate (X, Y, Z) and the closed gate must be created.

// this will go above main(), as this is a global variable
new c_gate;

// this will go under OnGameModeInit or OnFilterScriptInit
c_gate = CreateObject(object_ID, closed_X, closed_Y, closed_Z, closed_rad_X, closed_rad_Y, closed_rad_Z);

And for third, you need to have the global variable for players:

// this will go above main()
new OpenGate[MAX_PLAYERS];

[edit]
Making automatic gates

Firstly, we will set a timer from OnGameModeInit() which will call after your selected time (mine has checked after 500ms, always). Feel free to change the 500ms to some other amount, but keep in mind that 1000ms equals one second. Learn more about the SetTimer function.

SetTimer("CheckGate", 500, true);

Now, we'll move on to the timer, which we'll forward properly.

// this will go above main()
forward CheckGate();

public CheckGate()
{
  for(new i = 0; i < GetMaxPlayers(); i++)
  {
    if(!IsPlayerConnected(i)) continue;
    if(PlayerToPoint(10.0, i, closed_X, closed_Y, closed_Z) && OpenGate[i] == 0)
    {
      MoveObject(c_gate, open_X, open_Y, open_Z);
      OpenGate[i] = 1;
    }
    else if(!PlayerToPoint(10.0, i, closed_X, closed_Y, closed_Z) && OpenGate[i] == 1)
    {
      MoveObject(c_gate, closed_X, closed_Y, closed_Z);
      OpenGate[i] = 0;
    }
  }
}

There, your gates should be ready, if you've done all that the guide has said, properly.

anyone?

I suggest you don't learn, or try to learn, from the wiki. All this code is very crappy as almost anything from the wiki that is written by beginners.

You should explain what you don't understand about gates, your question is very unclear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paytas
I suggest you don't learn, or try to learn, from the wiki. All this code is very crappy as almost anything from the wiki that is written by beginners.

You should explain what you don't understand about gates, your question is very unclear.
i dont know how to place them or make them etc.

Go in debug, stand the place you want to be a gate and do "/save gateclosed" then you go to the place the gate should go, when its open and do "/save gateopen" then you have the gate, when its open and closed. now you only need to make a command of it.
((Easyer to make gates if you have a map editor))

Read this tut. http://forum.sa-mp.com/index.php?topic=83805.0