having problem when using some SQL functions

hey, i have a problem when i use some of the SQL functions like: UPDATE or even CREATE
the error is about SQL version.. thing is its up to date.
here is the error:

Error in mysql_query: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your
MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'name=bank pickup=1239 text=Back sp_x=1459.3708
sp_y=-1010.5864 sp_z=26.8437 ex_x' at line 1

and i also can't use '~' in SQL Char var for some reason, when i use it server crashes... any why to fix those things?
thanks, yuval.

one more things, there are lines i use UPDATE that it works and ain't giving me any error.

What's CREATE?

creating table...
but its not working VIA servers... (its an SQL function.)

here is example of line that returns me the error after being quary'd

Quote:

format(sql, sizeof(sql), "UPDATE spots SET id=%d, name='%s', pickup=%d, text='%s', sp_x=%.4f, sp_y=%.4f, sp_z=%.4f, ex_x=%.4f, ex_y=%.4f, ex_z=%.4f, enterable=%d, inter=%d, world=%d, WHERE id=%d,",

Oh, I thought you mean something in .pwn
You mean like CREATE TABLE `shit`.

Hmhm, the reason of crashing your server when you use `~' and such, it's because of a sql injection, those injections create themselves when something gets into the database and includes those characters.

You have two options:
1. Block those characters by strfind.
2. Use the existing function to block them, samp_mysql_real_escape_string.

i use option number 2 anyway..
and i dont use those ~, cuz now i know it crashes

-----
and, my server is not crashing.
its only returns the error after i send the query...

If you make something dynamic, like. Hmhm, name of a faction that needs to be in the database so it goes like
INSERT INTO `table` (factionid,factioname) VALUES (%d,'%s'),factionid,factionname);
Then the name might have bad characters that probably will make a crash.
You need to do.
samp_mysql_real_escape_string(factionname);

mate, i know how to work with SQL..
and problem is not with INSERT stuff.. its easy..
i got the meaning of the problem.. i might missed up few string variables when i sent the query..
thanks for your help im fixing those problems in my script right now.