[dfairplay-server] Access the Servers for DFairPlay-AntiCheat (12th May 2009)

Hello,

since official samp anti cheat got dropped a very long while ago, I decided to create a client side based anticheat quite similar to approaches like for instance punkbuster. But since I don't want to force anybody to register on any site or login whenever the player wants to play I wanted to go a quite different approach.

The other thing I dislike, is that once you are banned globally, you are banned globally. Some servers owners may think that using modified files is ok, but faking lag is forbidden.

Approach
o Player has installed a client application, which connects to the dfairplay-mainserver and reports as soon as the player does an incident. This application is able to update itself, and the main-server will not allow any connections from
o Incident: Changed Files, Running Trainer applications, Fake Lag, etc.
o Server has installed (this opensource script, I release with that post) and queries the dfairplay-mainserver for incidents the player has made. If the server thinks, that these violate the server owners rules: ban/kick whatever the serverowner likes.

Thatswhy I can release the server side part of the entire anticheat system, without any problem. Also, if the client may get cracked some day, I just change the client so that it does detect that and ignore all the older clients. For fair players, nothing changes.

The main idea:
- it's not to forbid all mods
- it's not to forbid fun-cheating
- it's make playing fair.

Important: 1. DFairPlay does NOT WORK on LAN-Servers, since the server sends the local LAN IP to the dfairplay-mainservers, which is of course the wrong one!
2. Put dfairplay always as first item of your filterscripts! Other filterscripts may break important dependencies, dfairplay doesn't do that!

Common Problems:
o DFairplay does not recognize any players - Be sure that you put dfairplay as first item in your filterscripts list!

Download
You can download the of the entire open source dfairplay servers filterscript (4KB). It's currently version 0.2.2. (12th May 2009)
@requires pwnurl 0.1

Communication
Join us at irc.gtanet.com #dfairplay or PM me on the board, if you have any software/hack which does not yet get detected by dfairplay.

I really hope we can make some enhancements, to make it even nicer for administrators to keep the server clean of unfair players!

Please do not query the mainservers too often, currently I have no real protection against aggressive clients, so I hope I don't need to add it.

- Draco

Random Quotes
[IRC] Leopard: this pwns, really :P. im gona use it
[IRC] Karlip: Quote it Draco, into the first post

So this is like SAC?

Leopard

It's some kind of SAC, but different, since server owner decides what is forbidden and what is not, whilst the player still does only has to download/run one extra client. I it will be faster up to date then SAC was .

- Draco

Looks nice,i'll check it out right now.

Seems great, I'll check it out soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvenemE date=1239165473
Doesn't work with windows yet : (
Since dfairplay depends on pwncurl, and pwncurl is only precompiled for linux (and easy to compile on) I made a ticket to help that pwncurl works outofthebox with windows.

It would be great, if somebody could help compiling for windows. You may find the ticket here http://dev.webdevberlin.com/issues/show/2 , please contribute there.

- Draco

great, iґll test it today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DracoBlue
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvenemE date=1239165473
Doesn't work with windows yet : (
Since dfairplay depends on pwncurl, and pwncurl is only precompiled for linux (and easy to compile on) I made a ticket to help that pwncurl works outofthebox with windows.

It would be great, if somebody could help compiling for windows. You may find the ticket here http://dev.webdevberlin.com/issues/show/2 , please contribute there.

- Draco
Just a bump if any1 can help us.

I want to try it on my server (debian), but I got error:
Quote:

Loading plugin: pwncurl.so
[21:13:13] Failed (libcurl.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
[21:13:13] Loaded 0 plugins.

Where can I get 'libcurl.so.4' library?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriouS
I want to try it on my server (debian), but I got error:
Quote:

Loading plugin: pwncurl.so
[21:13:13] Failed (libcurl.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
[21:13:13] Loaded 0 plugins.

Where can I get 'libcurl.so.4' library?
do "apt-get install libcurl"

If that does not install the correct curl, you have to do (after you did apt-get install libcurl) in the pwncurl_src-folder: "make". This will automaticly create a pwncurl-file which works on your system!

- Draco