About to make an fallout like rp server

I remember there was a fallout rp server and it was awesome, donno where it went.

I am about to start working on a fallout like rp server from zero, it won't be fallout rp, saying fallout like I meant apocalypse roleplay.

Features that will be:

- Crafting
- Looting, still thinking of a way to make it fair but not dayz, you will also need to trade and buy important things, not just go around and find them, you will be able to loot basic things, find food etc, get scrap metal, rocks, wood and much more resources.
- Building, you will be able to build your place, not saying base because this is roleplay but more like building your shelter, your home, mapping team will take care of this and you will have to RP it, not only map and you will need resources.
- Trading, you will be able to trade with NPCs, Players.
- Cars, not sure, but mostly off road vehicles.
- Area will be limited at the begin, using radiation in blocked areas, as the playerbase raises, area will be unlocked.
- Lore, the server will have a lore and players will be able to affect the lore, changing it.
- Player built cities, more players are able to make a city if they start working together and build it.

Still thinking of other things, not sure if I should add any creatures.

What do you say? Is it worth it?

How about part RP, but not fully?

Those kind of servers can never become heavy roleplay. Remember that zombie roleplay server that Zex had (PA-RP)? Well heh' No comment, but it was fun in my opinion! Either way I think these sort of gamemodes are interesting but in SA-MP (or any GTA related games) very unappreciated statistically in terms of players. So just like PA-RP it had I believe about 100 players on peak, it's also worth considering that many of these servers have players joining because they perhaps saw a good movie regarding this theme or somehow got a relation to that theme at that very time and it will fade very fast (one or two months usually).

I saw Harry Potter this last Christmas and I was like "OMG I wanna play the games again on my PS2!" although I didn't, it was just a momentarily seeking of more into the same theme because I liked it at that time. Another example was when I saw a zombie movie and I eagerly wanted to see more so I even ended up working on a script from scratch to make it a zombie roleplay gamemode. Then this interested faded and poof, now I have my "ordinary" roleplay gamemode having silly database names like "za-rp_db" (as in zombie apocalypse) and other things, including some mappings I still have to delete.

My point isn't that everyone is the same as me when it comes to these sort of things, but I'd guess (or rather assume) that at least a majority of gamers in general feel like this. They do something and then they get bored. So while I encourage you to do this, because let's be honest, scripting unordinary things is quite fun from time to time, you shouldn't do it to expect the perfect outcome in statistics in terms of either money or players - but hey you never know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hansrutger
Посмотреть сообщение
Those kind of servers can never become heavy roleplay. Remember that zombie roleplay server that Zex had (PA-RP)? Well heh' No comment, but it was fun in my opinion! Either way I think these sort of gamemodes are interesting but in SA-MP (or any GTA related games) very unappreciated statistically in terms of players. So just like PA-RP it had I believe about 100 players on peak, it's also worth considering that many of these servers have players joining because they perhaps saw a good movie regarding this theme or somehow got a relation to that theme at that very time and it will fade very fast (one or two months usually).

I saw Harry Potter this last Christmas and I was like "OMG I wanna play the games again on my PS2!" although I didn't, it was just a momentarily seeking of more into the same theme because I liked it at that time. Another example was when I saw a zombie movie and I eagerly wanted to see more so I even ended up working on a script from scratch to make it a zombie roleplay gamemode. Then this interested faded and poof, now I have my "ordinary" roleplay gamemode having silly database names like "za-rp_db" (as in zombie apocalypse) and other things, including some mappings I still have to delete.

My point isn't that everyone is the same as me when it comes to these sort of things, but I'd guess (or rather assume) that at least a majority of gamers in general feel like this. They do something and then they get bored. So while I encourage you to do this, because let's be honest, scripting unordinary things is quite fun from time to time, you shouldn't do it to expect the perfect outcome in statistics in terms of either money or players - but hey you never know!
I thought the same, that people may not be interested, thats why I've made this post, I want to see what people have to say.

I don't entirely like roleplay, I think it's quite dumb with all the imaginary stuff. I'd like to see a mild roleplay/survival type of gamemode.

like vwh rp?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electron123
Посмотреть сообщение
like vwh rp?
What is vwh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreiWow
Посмотреть сообщение
What is vwh?
https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=637235

Vampire Werewolf Humans. It's a roleplay server perfect to join after you have watched Vampire Diaries (not even joking) since it's in a small town (Red County) just like in those series. :P Very cool features, I must admit. Must have been a blast to script them though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hansrutger
Посмотреть сообщение
Vampire Werewolf Humans. It's a roleplay server perfect to join after you have watched Vampire Diaries (not even joking) since it's in a small town (Red County) just like in those series. :P Very cool features, I must admit. Must have been a blast to script them though!
Oh, yeah, I played there, didn't now the shortcut, but my idea isn't really like that one, there will be no vampires, no werewolves, mages or so on.

Only players in wasteland, some cities and destroyed buildings everywhere.
Players will be able to go out looting, but they won't be able to find everything by looting so they will also need to trade.

Clans that will rule areas of the wasteland, rp events and so on.

And as I said, players will be able to change the fate of the server, if they decide to come together and build cities, so be it.