If MySQL connection dies.

Hello there, I have a question for you.
How can I detect when a MySQL connection dies during server run time? Is it possible or not?

I think so?
Try this, set a timer that repeats every 1 minute and use mysql_errno().
Haven't tried it yet, But it may work.

https://sampwiki.blast.hk/wiki/MySQL/R33#OnQueryError
CR_SERVER_GONE_ERROR

No need for a timer.

But I want as soon as the connection is dead to switch to another backup database.

Bump.

You can use mysql callback OnQueryError + mysql_ping to see if it's connected, if it's not then either reconnect it, or resend the query to your backup database.

Yeah but the problem is I'am using the latest version of BlueG's mysql plugin and the callback mysql_ping does not exist anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgedition
Посмотреть сообщение
Yeah but the problem is I'am using the latest version of BlueG's mysql plugin and the callback mysql_ping does not exist anymore.
Go to the link Stinged provided, it shows exactly how to detect if the connection to mysql server was lost.

There's a parameter in mysql_connect, that, if set to 1(true) will reconnect automatically once lost connection.

Ping thing was removed cuz of this parameter

@Kostantinos My idea was as soon as the connection dies to connect to a different database. With the callback OnQueryError, the server would have to send a query every second to check the connection status.