Losing Data

Well, I've a problem in saving/loading player's data.

Everything is fine if a player quits and joins again.

If i quit normally while the console/server is up, and join again while it's still up, everything will save.

But if i QUIT "THEN" RESTART the console/serverhost, then i join again, I'll lose my position (RP gamemode)
Admin status variable, and some other things.

I'd really love to have help with that, it's interrupting the whole script.

Thanks.

Do you have any save/load stuff functions on OnGameModeInit/Exit section?

No actually, I only have the CreateObject's on OnGameModeInit, OnGameModeExit is empty from save/load stuff.

Which saving system are you using?
Are you saving data of all players at OnGameModeExit by looping all players and saving the data?
Are you saving the data properly?
We can't help you without code... We aren't magicians, we are programmers.

Who said you are maigicans? - None, If you've read what i said properly, you would've understood me without "code" cus you aren't "magician". I realise im doing everything properly, and i mentioned already, Using Y_INI, and saving all data on OnPlayerDisconnect and looping through all ppl on OnGameModeExit.

My problem isn't as what you think, I don't restart without quiting, nope.

I quit already which calls OnPlayerDisconnect, join again which calls OnPlayerConnect and everything works, data saves, position saves.

I quit already which calls OnPlayerDisconnect, RESTART THE CONSOLE/SERVER HOST which calls OnGameModeExit, Join again which calls OnPlayerConnect, And data won't save.

Noticed difference? - If so, then input your assistance, - If nope, then read it over until you understand it, or don't input an assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twistedz
Посмотреть сообщение
Who said you are maigicans? - None, If you've read what i said properly, you would've understood me without "code" cus you aren't "magician". I realise im doing everything properly, and i mentioned already, Using Y_INI, and saving all data on OnPlayerDisconnect and looping through all ppl on OnGameModeExit.

My problem isn't as what you think, I don't restart without quiting, nope.

I quit already which calls OnPlayerDisconnect, join again which calls OnPlayerConnect and everything works, data saves, position saves.

I quit already which calls OnPlayerDisconnect, RESTART THE CONSOLE/SERVER HOST which calls OnGameModeExit, Join again which calls OnPlayerConnect, And data won't save.

Noticed difference? - If so, then input your assistance, - If nope, then read it over until you understand it, or don't input an assistance.
You didn't mentioned that you are using Y_Ini, I didn't said i didn't understand you, I said 'we're not magicians' cause you are not showing your code... How can we fix the bug in your source code, if there is a bug in your moral code that you don't want to show it... I already have much better scripting experience and knowledge than you, no need to teach me that quitting or kick calls OPDisconnect etc.

Original thread quoted:
Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Well, I've a problem in saving/loading player's data.

Everything is fine if a player quits and joins again.

If i quit normally while the console/server is up, and join again while it's still up, everything will save.

But if i QUIT "THEN" RESTART the console/serverhost, then i join again, I'll lose my position (RP gamemode)
Admin status variable, and some other things.

I'd really love to have help with that, it's interrupting the whole script.

Thanks.
EDIT: I am sorry that if I seem rude, because your attitude is making it worse.

Well, I didn't say im the best scripter in the world, Nope. you may be better than me, and im not against that at all. all i wanted is some help, because ALL of us will need some help in their life, or am i wrong somehow..?

Anyway, if you will keep argueing, enough replying, trying not to be rude aswell.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Well, I didn't say im the best scripter in the world, Nope. you may be better than me, and im not against that at all. all i wanted is some help, because ALL of us will need some help in their life, or am i wrong somehow..?

Anyway, if you will keep argueing, enough replying, trying not to be rude aswell.
Are you going to show us the code?