SA-MP download/upload rate

I'm not shure that this is the right category but it says General SA-MP discussion so i gues that is...

I'm just wondering if anyone knows how much does SA-MP download/upload rate is in about one hour of playing... I dont need the exact number just some approximately amount... I need this because there is some discussion on my forum about this and some of the say that it is around 10-30mb, which I dont buy at all... I think that is around 1-2mb even less.

There is a button you can press in-game too see what your uploading/downloading rate is. If you look at that and do a little bit of calculation I'm sure you can get an average usage. Its one of the F buttons, try F4 or F5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaTochNietDan
There is a button you can press in-game too see what your uploading/downloading rate is. If you look at that and do a little bit of calculation I'm sure you can get an average usage. Its one of the F buttons, try F4 or F5
Grr I know that but at normal internet speed how much is the rate in one hour...

You should be able to check that yourself...but a guess would be around 1-3Mb

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaTochNietDan
That's what she said.

No, seriously, do what he said

Down rate: 1.90 kb/s
Up rate: 0.85 kb/s

Measured 1 minute after joining the PartyServer with 25 people connected.

Down rate hourly: 1.90*60*60 = 6840 kb/s = 7 mb/s
Up rate hourly: 0.85*60*60 = 3060 kb/s = 3 mb/s

10 mb/s bandwidth hourly.

10 megabytes a second hourly?

That's quite a lot of bandwidth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendan_Thomson

Someone got their units confused, mb/s is a measure of data transfered per unit time. So it should really be 10mb/hr

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendan_Thomson

Someone got their units confused, mb/s is a measure of data transfered per unit time. So it should really be 10mb/hr
yeah, 10 mb/s would be a little bit too much ;p