Area69 building replacement issues [0.3.7RC3 - Object Related]

AREA 69

Not even one building is enterable when you replace the area69 buildings with the new 0.3.7 RC3 objects.
All the buildings are being blocked by collisions.

I suggest to add a new base object (current id 16203) without collisions in the next RC.

KYLIES BARN

The new barn object (id 19881) replaced with the old barn object (id 14871) is showing some weird random collisions(?) sometimes.

Indeed. I have the problem,too.

If we are going to start talking about CULL zones, perhaps the one from SF Dohery Garage could be removed because camera effect is annoying, and these collisions from area69 should be removed too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dredd
Посмотреть сообщение
AREA 69

Not even one building is enterable when you replace the area69 buildings with the new 0.3.7 RC3 objects.
All the buildings are being blocked by collisions.

I suggest to add a new base object (current id 16203) without collisions in the next RC.

KYLIES BARN

The new barn object (id 19881) replaced with the old barn object (id 14871) is showing some weird random collisions(?) sometimes.

I will look at making a new version of object ID 16203 for Area 69 to fix the COL issue... did not actually try replacing the buildings there when I made them, sorry! Looks like R* put the collisions in the "base" object instead of the buildings object.

As for Kylie's barn: that looks like the GTASA rendering problem. I did not notice that when I did testing. You can fix that by allowing SAMP to render that object instead. Just set the draw distance to 300 or above when you create the object. I will update the IDE so it uses a higher draw distance value too. Currently the IDE value is 299.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matite
Посмотреть сообщение
I will look at making a new version of object ID 16203 for Area 69 to fix the COL issue... did not actually try replacing the buildings there when I made them, sorry!

As for Kylie's barn: that looks like the GTASA rendering problem. I did not notice that when I did testing. You can fix that by allowing SAMP to render that object instead. Just set the draw distance to 300 or above when you create the object. I will update the IDE so it uses a higher draw distance value too. Currently the IDE value is 299.
No need to say sorry for that at all Ma-tity , 0.3.7 is still in BETA because of issues like this (which is normal).
I'm not reporting this issue to turn you down, but only to help the community.

Well, I did not try it on any sa-mp server yet, I only loaded the following map in the map editor and tested it ingame.

pawn Код:
RemoveBuildingForPlayer(playerid, 14871, 286.1875, 307.6094, 1002.0078, 0.25);
CreateObject(19881, 286.18799, 307.60901, 1002.01001,   0.00000, 0.00000, 0.00000);

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dredd
Посмотреть сообщение
No need to say sorry for that at all Ma-tity , 0.3.7 is still in BETA because of issues like this (which is normal).
I'm not reporting this issue to turn you down, but only to help the community.

Well, I did not try it on any sa-mp server yet, I only loaded the following map in the map editor and tested it ingame.

pawn Код:
RemoveBuildingForPlayer(playerid, 14871, 286.1875, 307.6094, 1002.0078, 0.25);
CreateObject(19881, 286.18799, 307.60901, 1002.01001,   0.00000, 0.00000, 0.00000);
No problem.

Anyway, see how your CreateObject line has no draw distance parameter? That tells your server to tell the client to just use the value from the IDE file which is currently set to 299. Just add a draw distance of 300 or above.

This GTASA rendering issue has been around a long time... that is why you can get SAMP to do the rendering instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matite
Посмотреть сообщение
No problem.

Anyway, see how your CreateObject line has no draw distance parameter? That tells your server to tell the client to just use the value from the IDE file which is currently set to 299. Just add a draw distance of 300 or above.

This GTASA rendering issue has been around a long time... that is why you can get SAMP to do the rendering instead.
Oh allright. Never had this issue before when testing a map in the map construction's "test mode" (or it should be far away from the main-map) but you will be right for sure. Will test it on my gamemode tomorow.

Out of topic, but would it be possible that col files also being overrider by putting them in custom.img ?

@Matite, since your already making the new 16203 object, could you remove the lumps and replace the holes? That would make it a lot easier to replace the objects.

@Matite

in the Area the Collisons from the Buildings are fixed with the Ground object