Vehicle Range Problems

I'm trying to make a trunk and hood command, that works with the closest vehicle, but if a player is in a certain range of two vehicles then it sends a message saying so, to prevent confusion between close vehicles.

Here's the code:
pawn Код:
if(strcmp(cmd, "/trunk", true) == 0)
    {
        new Float:hX, Float:hY, Float:hZ, vehicleid = INVALID_VEHICLE_ID, carcount = 0;
        for(new i = 0; i < MAX_VEHICLES; i++)
        {
            GetVehiclePos(i, hX, hY, hZ);
            if(IsPlayerInRangeOfPoint(playerid, 4, hX, hY, hZ))
            {
                vehicleid = i;
                carcount++;
            }
        }
        if(IsABike(vehicleid) || IsABoat(vehicleid) || IsAPlane(vehicleid) || IsAHelicopter(vehicleid) || IsATrain(vehicleid)) return 1;
        if(GetPlayerState(playerid) == PLAYER_STATE_ONFOOT && vehicleid != INVALID_VEHICLE_ID && carcount == 1)
        {
            new engine, lights, alarm, doors, bonnet, boot, objective;
            GetVehicleParamsEx(vehicleid, engine, lights, alarm, doors, bonnet , boot, objective);
            if(doors) return SendClientMessage(playerid, COLOR_GRAD1, " This vehicle is locked.");
            if(boot != 1)
            {
                boot = 1;
                format(string, sizeof(string), "* %s opens the vehicles trunk.", PlayerName(playerid));
                SetVehicleParamsEx(vehicleid, engine, lights, alarm, doors, bonnet, 1, objective);
                ProxDetector(30.0, playerid, string, COLOR_PURPLE,COLOR_PURPLE,COLOR_PURPLE,COLOR_PURPLE,COLOR_PURPLE);
                return 1;
            }
            else
            {
                boot = 0;
                format(string, sizeof(string), "* %s closes the vehicles trunk.", PlayerName(playerid));
                SetVehicleParamsEx(vehicleid, engine, lights, alarm, doors, bonnet, 0, objective);
                ProxDetector(30.0, playerid, string, COLOR_PURPLE,COLOR_PURPLE,COLOR_PURPLE,COLOR_PURPLE,COLOR_PURPLE);
                return 1;
            }
        }
        else
        {
            SendClientMessage(playerid, COLOR_GRAD2, " You are not near a vehilce with a trunk, or you are to close to two vehicles.");
        }
        return 1;
    }
The problem is, even if I'm only close to one vehicle, it still says I'm to close to two vehicles.

If it detects the CLOSEST vehicle, then the 2 vehicles would have to be EXACTLY the same distance away(To the point), i find that very unlikely to happen, if it does, the stock is not going to give you 2 vehicle ids.

Well it doesn't detect the closest vehicle but that's what I want it to do, if you read the code you'll see I don't use a stock, and it checks if a player is in a range of radius 4 of a vehicle.

Try this:

Код:
for(new i = 0; i < MAX_VEHICLES; i++)
{
    vehicleid = INVALID_VEHICLE_ID;
    GetVehiclePos(i, hX, hY, hZ);
    if(IsPlayerInRangeOfPoint(playerid, 4, hX, hY, hZ))
    {
        vehicleid = i;
        //carcount++; (God knows what this was doing)
        return vehicleid;
    }
    return vehicleid;
}

Wouldn't be better to use a function that detects the nearest car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viniborn
Посмотреть сообщение
Wouldn't be better to use a function that detects the nearest car?
You need to create one, before you may use it.

With the Pythagorean Theorem you can solve it easily ..

Missed school days oops..What was that theorem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viniborn
Посмотреть сообщение
With the Pythagorean Theorem you can solve it easily ..
May you please show us an example?

He was actualy taking about this..
So the right form of Pythagorean Theorem is x*x + y*y = z*z (math example)
But, I think it would be better to do something like checking the distance from vehicle with form..

Код:
stock CheckPlayerDistanceToVehicle(Float:radi, playerid, vehicleid)
{
	if(IsPlayerConnected(playerid))
	{
	    new Float:PX1,Float:PY1,Float:PZ1,Float:X1,Float:Y1,Float:Z1;
	    GetPlayerPos(playerid,PX1,PY1,PZ1);
	    GetVehiclePos(vehicleid, X1,Y1,Z1);
	    new Float:Distance = (X1-PX1)*(X1-PX1)+(Y1-PY1)*(Y1-PY1)+(Z1-PZ1)*(Z1-PZ1);
	    if(Distance <= radi*radi)
	    {
	        return 1;
	    }
	}
	return 0;
}
And you can check the distance between vehicle and player :3 simply and it's working