Stagnancy in learning

Related to coding - Has anyone of you ever reached a stage where you stop being inquisitive and settle down in your comfort zone? I have so much to learn, I want to learn to make plugins, improve upon my ASM knowledge, try making languages and whole operating systems (a hello world by the way, I know HOW hard it is, but it's a learning experience!) and so on. I have comforrtably slipped into this state of stagnancy where I am happy answering posts beginners ask, deriving pleasure from something far below my level! Also, I've gotten a bit egoistic about being TAUGHT things, which sucks! I think what I need is a nice little slap in the face so that I can get rid of my false sense of security and self-importance! I am about to start my course in higher level programming and I fear that I'll get overconfident. Getting out of this zone is what I need!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vyper
Посмотреть сообщение
if we wer brothers in reel life i swer on me mum i'd hv given u a cookie

Have you read this yet?

Slapping is for ladies and softies, try this

Quote:
Originally Posted by vyper
Посмотреть сообщение
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajat_Pawar
Посмотреть сообщение
if we wer brothers in reel life i swer on me mum i'd hv given u a cookie
You guys are fucking idiots

I can only answer your question in relation to SA:MP scripting since I only code in PAWN.

If you look at it from the way you do, then yes. Once you dedicate yourself to a certain project, it is very likely that generally speaking you'll only be interested in learning new things if you can implement it somehow. Ofcourse there's sort of a paradox in here: if you code a lot, you'll gain experience and that's also 'learning'.

I am happy to pick apart any non-pawn code you have. From your post it sounds like you have a long way to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipѕe
Посмотреть сообщение
Have you read this yet?
Not yet, though I find the wikihow website rarely helps me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ic3cr3am
Посмотреть сообщение
You guys are fucking idiots
yu suck too u duno we neegas irl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny.
Посмотреть сообщение
I can only answer your question in relation to SA:MP scripting since I only code in PAWN.

If you look at it from the way you do, then yes. Once you dedicate yourself to a certain project, it is very likely that generally speaking you'll only be interested in learning new things if you can implement it somehow. Ofcourse there's sort of a paradox in here: if you code a lot, you'll gain experience and that's also 'learning'.
Yes, thank you for your opinion. But when you become a bit knowledgeable, you tend to become egoistic about being taught. I can imagine how easily I picked up PAWN, but nowadays, anyone who proves me wrong *grrrrr*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc
Посмотреть сообщение
I am happy to pick apart any non-pawn code you have. From your post it sounds like you have a long way to go.
A long way to go, that's why this topic Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajat_Pawar
Посмотреть сообщение
I have comforrtably slipped into this state of stagnancy where I am happy answering posts beginners ask, deriving pleasure from something far below my level! Also, I've gotten a bit egoistic about being TAUGHT things, which sucks!
I can heavily relate to ^.

I have the exact same problem. D: