Find a Lost mobile phone

Hi Everyone,

Early morning. My mom lost her phone in the taxi. She was sitting at the backside together with my sister. She usually get the money first from her (money mobile wallet - its like a phone cover with wallet to put her credit card, paper money and id's. 2 in 1 purpose) before she reach the destination, that's what she did. Now, after reaching the place (office), After 2-3 hours she remembered her phone to check if there is any call/message. She removes the items from her bag one by one and couldn't find her mobile. She think she forgot it in the taxi. Then they use my sister phone to call my mom phone. It's ringing and ringing but no one is answering, they waited around 15-20 minutes coz there might a next customer who might noticed the phone. Then after they call my mothers phone now its turned off (someone already had it). They are sure the battery is not dead. What they do next is to call the Company of the taxi to ask to call the taxi driver and they found they found him. The taxi driver said the he found nothing but a next customer after them. He said that the passenger might took her phone and didn't tell him that someone has left a mobile at the backseat..

It's already noon time here and still hoping to get it back. The mobile cover wallet have money/credit card/office ID/ and other billing papers inside.

We were all thinking that the he/she intentionally stole the mobile cover wallet. What is his/her purpose of turning off the phone? and not giving it to the taxi driver?

So is there any other way of finding a lost mobile? The company of the taxi said if we do know the IMEI of the mobile they can detect where the phone was. Right now we are still in the different office and after we get back home we will search the phone box and look for the IMEI.

Sorry for my bad english and grammar but I know you still understand what i'am saying.

EDIT: My mom phone is Samsung Galaxy Note 2

How can I find a lost phone by number?
Is there a tracking app for iPhone than can track IMEI of a mobile? (I'm using iPhone)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotwarzone
Посмотреть сообщение
We were all thinking that the he/she intentionally stole the mobile cover wallet. What is his/her purpose of turning off the phone? and not giving it to the taxi driver?
Everyone likes free stuff.

Also, most of the users on this forum are underage and will not have any experience with such stuff, you'll be better off using ****** to get answers to your questions by mature indivisuals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajat_Pawar
Посмотреть сообщение
Everyone likes free stuff.

Also, most of the users on this forum are underage and will not have any experience with such stuff, you'll be better off using ****** to get answers to your questions by mature indivisuals
I'm about to buy a cool shades and a black formal coat + detective cap. I want to be a detective someday so this day I announce that I will be like a detective for 1-2 days. I really wanted to see this thief moving around the GPS.

On Topic: I will repost it somewhere where relative to lost phones thanks.

I like to wear this while searching to this thief. I'm gonna find this suit. I will also try to buy a cigar to look cool as well.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
I'm about to buy a cool shades and a black formal coat + detective cap. I want to be a detective someday so this day I announce that I will be like a detective for 1-2 days. I really wanted to see this thief moving around the GPS.

I like to wear this while searching to this thief. I'm gonna find this suit. I will also try to buy a cigar to look cool as well.

Good Luck

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение

Detective on the move , Good luck on finding the phone and make a complaint in Police Station

Did your mothers phone have device manager installed on it? If so you can track the phone easily by logging into your associated ****** account.

Most common, yet most stupid mistake a person can make. Hold all valuable cards next to your cellphone. If you loose your cards, you can still call the bank to get those cards blocked. If you lose the cellphone, you still have all your crucial cards to proof it is you - to make sure you can get the cellphone back.

Tbh the first thing I do when I get a new phone or a tab is install 'Device Manager' on Android and 'Find my iPhone' on iOS. You can lock the phone/tab remotely and track the location via an online map.

Don't get your hopes up, not much can be done in the way of tracking. They were smart enough to turn the phone off, so surely they will have removed the SIM card also.

If you can find the IMEI number (and have proof it's yours), then you will be able to prevent the phone from hopefully being sold or used again.

It is probably long gone, and on ebay/craigslist. Call credit card companies and the gov't about the stolen cards and IDs and cancel/block the plan so noone can rack up minutes.