[IDEA] Android App as additional SA-MP controller

Quick and simple idea.
I thought of a simple app, that just displays some buttons without specific functions.
The app connects to a plugin on a samp server, somehow authenticated and linked to a playerid, and the buttons send a specific value to the server, just like the GetPlayerKeys. The plugin would then call a callback just like OnPlayerKeyStateChange, and the server could use them however it likes. You might also bind commands to the app buttons, if the server allows that, so it could also act as keybinder. So this would be some sort of keyboard expansion, that helps going beyond the normal samp keys.

Thinking even further, it could also be used to display some information, configured by the server. Offscreen TextDraws if you like to call it like that.

I didnt write a single line of code for that, its just an idea that came to my mind today.
What do you think? Would it be worth creating it?

Yeah it would be worth it Good idea.

It's an amazing idea! It could use as keybinder.

Would be more than amazing to see something like that. If you can, go for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ******
Посмотреть сообщение
Why not just write something to send extra actual keyboard keys to the server? If this is a "keyboard expander" that implies players are already at the keyboard, and using three input devices (kb/mouse/phone) is awkward at best.
True, switching between one more input device is sucky. Depends on the situation, sure you wouldnt want to chat with the phone, or ignite your nitro with it. But as it seems almost everyone here got a smartphone, so why not use it in situations where it could be handy?
Having the keyboard on an interactive display makes things a bit neater. You could label the buttons with their current function, display stuff like the scoreboard, information about your team or car, or whatever else is too big to add it to the normal screen. Buttons could then act as interface for that display, e.g. like having an interactive inventory on the phone. Actions like that stop the game flow anyways, it wouldnt hurt to grab the phone instead of typing /openinventory
The usual keyboard expansion is nice, but this would have even more potential beyond just picking some keys.

Seems like this would be a less attractive idea than expected. I wont create it.