Lost Dog Studios

Hey guys, I'm seeing whether I could get a small group together to create small indie games IDK whether this will become successful, probably not, but its worth a shot We are still working on a name, Lost Dog is only a place holder until we can find a proper name

We use the Unity Engine atm and will hopefully grow to use bigger and better engines when we increase our knowledge.
We make games such as RPG,Simulation and FPS. ATM we'll only be creating single player games.

I am Jake Henderson, I'm 16 years old and I'm trying to gain a living out of game development, I thought the best place to start is make my own group and start making games from there and then see where it takes us. My dream job is working for a game company or even self employed. My main hobby is gaming, when I'm not at school, I'm gaming. I'm not too experienced with Unity but know some of the basics and hope to expand my knowledge as the group progresses.

Positions we need:

Art
Audio
Animation
Testing
Modelling
Programming

Requirements:

Over the age of 15(Exceptions can be made)
Atleast a little knowledge on what your position your interested in

Interested? Either PM or reply to this thread with this short app:

Full Name:
Position:
Experience?:
What program do you use:
Short Bio:
More Info:

yes, this may seem like a joke, but I'm hoping that the SA:MP community could show some support.

So currently you're alone or are you with others currently? What about you, who are you and how experienced are you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlonzoTorres
View Post
So currently you're alone or are you with others currently? What about you, who are you and how experienced are you?
Currently, I'm on my own. I'm adding a short bio of my self in the thread now I'm not too experienced, but I do know some of the basics of Unity.

EDIT: I've added a bio

PMed ya

is it paid

No, its not paid, but when we begin to sell game I will split the profit between the team depending on how much work they do

You said you do a lot of gaming, I hope you are aware that making games and playing them are not even remotely connected? And lost dog is such an original name (click).
Also.. grammar mistakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macluawn
View Post
You said you do a lot of gaming, I hope you are aware that making games and playing them are not even remotely connected? And lost dog is such an original name (click).
Also.. grammar mistakes.
I didn't even get the name from naughty dog LOL. And yeah, there will be grammar mistakes due to it being just a quick type up And yes, I know game developing and playing are completely different -_-. I've been told this so many times..

Quote:
Originally Posted by jremi
View Post
yeah, there will be grammar mistakes due to it being just a quick type up
If you cant put down the time to at least proof-read your message, which is quite important in this case, how can anyone expect you to have the ability to manage a team and end up with a good product?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlonzoTorres
View Post
if he plays a lot of games then he probably know what a gamer wants and what a gamer is looking for. It is not technically connected and no, it will not help him with programming.
Its not just programming - its level design, character development, story and many other things that a typical gamer doesnt consciously think about.

However, if you must, I suggest you to watch some of extra credits videos. They cover a lot of theory about game development.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macluawn
View Post
If you cant put down the time to at least proof-read your message, which is quite important in this case, how can anyone expect you to have the ability to manage a team and end up with a good product?

Its not just programming - its level design, character development, story and many other things that a typical gamer doesnt consciously think about.

However, if you must, I suggest you to watch some of extra credits videos. They cover a lot of theory about game development.
I said,

Quote:

programming or other tasks related to game development.