Menu when entering checkpoint

I want a menu to open up when I enter a checkpoint, cant get it to work for some reason.

pawn Код:
public OnPlayerEnterCheckpoint(playerid)
{                                                                  
    ShowPlayerDialog(playerid, the dialog id here, DIALOG_STYLE_LIST, "titlehere", "whatever you want in your menu", "button 1", "button 2");
    return 1; // not knowing what menu you want to pop up. I cant help you much
}

Quote:
Originally Posted by DobbysGamertag
Посмотреть сообщение
pawn Код:
public OnPlayerEnterCheckpoint(playerid)
{                                                                  
    ShowPlayerDialog(playerid, the dialog id here, DIALOG_STYLE_LIST, "titlehere", "whatever you want in your menu", "button 1", "button 2");
    return 1; // not knowing what menu you want to pop up. I cant help you much
}

A menu like this, and if i could give you the position of where i want the checkpoint could you help me place it? and i'll be having multiple checkpoints, so wouldn't OnPlayerEnterCheckpoint, make that dialog come up on every checkpoint?

HELP pls

Im not too sure about the multiple checkpoint thing, i use normal checkpoints for my missions and thats it. You could try using Pickups? and i could show you how to do it

pawn Код:
AddPlayerClass(6,2022.2019,1007.7247,10.8203,266.9470,0,0,0,0,0,0);

6 //skin id (not important in placing markers/checkpoints etc
2022.2019 // X coordinates for placing the markers/checkpoints
1007.7247 // Y coordinates for placing
10.8203 // Z coordinates for placing
The bit you'll want for placing is the XYZ. So from the example you'll take:

pawn Код:
2022.2019,1007.7247,10.8203 //If i remember correctly, this is outside the 4 Dragons LV.
That's all it is to it placing checkpoints. However, if you want to use pickups that's a whole different story i can show you that method though if you like?

can you give me that script ?

Script? which one?

Yeah sure if you could show me that with pickups that would be fine

I reccomend using http://codegenerators.pl/infotext for making the pickups i know it says info text. But thats how i make the pickups to trigger dialogs. Just change the onplayerpickuppickup to show your dialog ID you'd like to show.

pawn Код:
#include <a_samp>
new test; //declare them as "new" each time you add a new pickup

public OnGameModeInit()
{
    test = CreatePickup(3433, 1, 2084.4717, -1808.0403, 13.3828, -1);//create the pickup. Make unique names i find is easier to identify
    return 1;
}
public OnPlayerPickUpPickup(playerid, pickupid)
{
    if(pickupid == test)
//here goes your show player dialog
    return 1;
}
to get the next one you simple /save. get the x y z

go to the FS/GM add

pawn Код:
new Test2;

public OnGameModeInit()
    test2 = CreatePickup(pickupid,type,x,y,z,virtualworld); //reccomend at -1 for allworlds
So there's the pickups created. but you want to show them in a car correct? that will be:
"14 -Pickupable, but only when in a vehicle." (samp wiki)

Now you want to make something happen when you drive over the pickup.

pawn Код:
{
    if(pickupid == test2)
        ShowPlayerDialog(playerid, DIALOG_WELCOME, DIALOG_STYLE_MSGBOX, "Congratulations", "Your pickup works", "Close", "");
    return 1;
}
Now im gonna add it all into one for you hopefully you're following my awful explanation.

pawn Код:
new infotext;
new blabla;
public OnGameModeInit()
{
    infotext = CreatePickup(1241,14, 2084.4717, -1808.0403, 13.3828, -1); //random saveplace i had
    blabla = CreatePickup(1241,14,2157.8694, -1798.4272, 13.3671, -1); //another random :)
         return 1;
}
{
    if(pickupid == test)
        ShowPlayerDialog(playerid, DIALOG_WELCOME, DIALOG_STYLE_MSGBOX, "Hello", "You can add your dialogs here", "Close", "");
    if(pickupid == blabla)
               ShowPlayerDialog(playerid,yours can go here.);
  return 1;
}
Let me know if you need it explaining

Yes i understand but how do i make it so when a dialog opens when people pick an option they get it, for example i just put a weapons name 'tech-9' in the dialog, how would i make it so they actually get the tech 9 when they click on it

use strfind(inputtext)