[OPU question] Which one is better?

pawn Код:
public OnPlayerUpdate(playerid)
{
    for(new i = 0; i < MAX_PLAYERS; i++)
    {
        if(IsPlayerInRangeOfPoint(i, 10, 7.6219, 1522.2793, 21.0712))
        {
            //Something
        }
    }
    return 1;
}

{
    if(IsPlayerInRangeOfPoint(playerid, 10, 7.6219, 1522.2793, 21.0712))
    {
        //Something
    }
    return 1;
}
With or without loop?

why you have to do with a loop if OnplayerUopdate callback return already playerid?

He probably meant to say is it better to use a timer with a loop or OPU. It totally depends what you're doing!

In any case, you should use foreach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumbo
why you have to do with a loop if OnplayerUopdate callback return already playerid?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp5
He probably meant to say is it better to use a timer with a loop or OPU. It totally depends what you're doing!

In any case, you should use foreach.
Why foreach? What's the difference between for(....) and foreach?

Well foreach basically does the following for you:

pawn Код:
foreach(Player, i)
{
is the same as:
pawn Код:
for(new i = 0; i < MAX_PLAYERS; i++)
{
    if(IsPlayerConnected(i))
    {
It's quicker to use foreach, and much more efficient, hence its wide usage throughout sa-mp servers. There's a full thread explaining its uses. Also, I would have to say that creating a loop within OnPlayerUpdate for EVERY player connected, would have to cause much more usage when compared to using the simple 'playerid'. That's general knowledge I am speaking of, although I have no sufficient evidence to actually back up my claim such as how usage is generated etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenzoAMG
Посмотреть сообщение
Also, I would have to say that creating a loop within OnPlayerUpdate for EVERY player connected, would have to cause much more usage when compared to using the simple 'playerid'.
That kind of answer I would like to see. But I need someone to confirm it.
Is it true, using a loop inside of OPU would cause more ram usage?

It causes more general resource usage, not RAM specifically. Think about this:

OnPlayerUpdate is called approximately 33 times per second. You loop through 500 players and perform an action for each one. If the code inside of your loop takes even 1 milasecond, it will equal 500 milaseconds total and your server will freeze because it's performing 500 milasecond code every 30 milaseconds PER PLAYER.

Ahh.. Thank you. So, the second one is better than the first one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperViper
Посмотреть сообщение
OnPlayerUpdate is called approximately 33 times per second.
Actually.. I decided to test this, as I was curious.

I ran this, alone on my local server:

pawn Код:
#include a_samp

#define DEBUG true
#include debug

new time;
new calls;

{
    if(time != gettime())
    {
        time = gettime();
        Debug_SCMFORMAT("OPU calls this second: %i", calls); // This is a custom macro/function I made which acts like printf for SCMs
        calls = 0;
    }
    calls++;
    return 1;
}
Couldn't get more than 25 updates per second (while running around shooting Tec9's). Got max 23 while flying around in a hydra shooting rockets and shit. I managed to get to 35 by spamming a load of keys, but I doubt everyone runs around doing that.

I never realised it was called this much. I thought perhaps 10 or so. It's only ~2 when you're on foot and stationary.

I'd say it's 22 on average.

P.S. It's millisecond, not milasecond.