A little help for a Role Play server - Creating something everyone could enjoy.

I've been on many servers, in different locations and in different languages. Small servers, big servers, All sorts... What I mean is I have experience, and I have a good understanding about Role Play, and what a Role Play server needs to be like, So I decided to actually make one myself.

But looks like people still make these crappy refund servers and call them HARD RP, when they can't Role Play at all. In my opinion there is no such thing as Hardcore RP, medium RP and etc... RolePlay is RolePlay, like a person said. And all of the servers being in Los Santos, it's just getting kind of boring...

I want to make something unique, I already got a unique script, never seen on an english community, and a scripter. So I thought since I was making this so other people could enjoy it, not just me, I should ask everyone else what they would like.

First thing. Map? Where would you like the server to be based in. All servers do big cities, and it gets pretty boring, so i think I am going to do the Country Area.

Red County,
Bone County,
Fort Carson,
Bayside,
Angel Pine.

I really got attached to making a server in Bone County, but there was a problem - THE NAME, I don't want this to look like another server with a crappy name, I mean I have to start somewhere, but I need a good name, or else people will think it's another crappy server and just ignore it.

Well, that's just about all I need for now, so please give me a few tips/ideas. Anything you've been dreaming to to see in the RolePlay Community? Well share it here, this could be turned into what you have been waiting for.

P.S. Ignore the last post, I am not a noob, Just wanted to start a little discussion

Choose between red county or Bone county. Fort Carson would do the work for the first few weeks. Angel pine is doomed, and history proves it. -all- of the servers died there, even with yet unseen script. To be rather quite frank with you, I'm afraid you won't get nowhere far with your script, even if it's unique and unbelievable good. Nowadays the hardest thing is gaining players, however. Good luck.

Players would come within time, but my biggest problem is the name, I don't even know if it is a big deal or not, so I just wanna see an opinion or something

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoidBergO
Посмотреть сообщение
Players would come within time, but my biggest problem is the name, I don't even know if it is a big deal or not, so I just wanna see an opinion or something
I assume that you havent even started developing the script, but yet you are trying to find the server name...

Find a small city somewhere around the world, something which rhymes or fits with Bone County or Fort Carson, maybe Fort Knox?

Just don't try to get a common name, get a unique one

Choose Fort Carson or something, too many Los Santos servers.

Make it 100 Percent Unique, Pick any location and i bet people will Join, I mean players like unique 100 percent brand new servers, post an advert, Good Luck to you bro

Every server fails unless it's in LS. The only server to succeed in the county is RC:RP. There was a server based in FC that got twenty players and died after about three weeks, there was also one in LV that had an amazing script with unseen features but still never got over 10 players, and believe me when I tell you it was amazing.

The point is your best bet is to base it in LS as every other location fails.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markuss99
Посмотреть сообщение
Choose between red county or Bone county. Fort Carson would do the work for the first few weeks. Angel pine is doomed, and history proves it. -all- of the servers died there, even with yet unseen script. To be rather quite frank with you, I'm afraid you won't get nowhere far with your script, even if it's unique and unbelievable good. Nowadays the hardest thing is gaining players, however. Good luck.
This is so true. Players nowadays don't appreciate unique and good scripts. They don't care if you've scripted the script yourself or downloaded it. As long as you have players they'll enjoy your server!

I started to hate Los Santos, because every server has it and most of them FAIL. So another location would be awesome, and I think I will start from a small area just because Los Santos is a ghost town if you have a server with hardly any players. So starting in a small place would be good, because you can find some people to RolePlay or do something.