New Zealand SA-MP Server

Hello, and if you're a kiwi reading this, kia ora!

What is New Zealand?

New Zealand is a country in Oceania, located to the right of neighbouring nation, Australia. New Zealand has a population of over 4 million people. It is well known for its national rugby team, the All Blacks; their indigenous warcry, the Haka; and its overwhelming population of sheep.

What is the purpose of this topic?

I am currently planning to create a New Zealand SA-MP server. Yes, it'll be aimed for New Zealand players. No, it's not only for New Zealand players. Anybody else who'd be interested in visting the server will be welcome at any time. Also, I do have scripting knowledge, so of course, I'll be scripting the server.

What I need from the community is their suggestions and/or feedback. Currently, the server will be named New Zealand Freeroam/DM, which can also be referred to as NZFDM, as it will incorporate the two main gamemodes, freeroam and DM. Why? As the server is aimed for New Zealand players, there is not a variety of DM servers that suit their ping, thus making it difficult to deathmatch to their full potential. The freeroam mode will be aimed for whenever players wish to have a bit of fun and/or just relax. I want this server to have a real "kiwi" feel, so I'll be looking at implementing a lot of kiwi-related elements into the server, such as famous New Zealand music, Māori language sentences, etc.

Additional Details

Currently, I'm looking at using an Australian host with a player base of around 10-15 players, only until the New Zealand location is open from another hosting company. New Zealand has a SA-MP contingent of at least 30+ players to my knowledge, hence why the server will contain a small player base. I'm looking for a server release around Q1, 2013. So, as I stated earlier, I'm looking forward to the community, more in particular, the kiwis, to help me by giving their suggestions and feedback. News and updates will be posted to this thread.

I love this idea. Every other game I play (CSS, L4D2 etc) have popular Australian/Kiwi servers that are enjoyed by fellow Aussies/Kiwis and I've always wondered why SA-MP doesn't seem to be that way.

I have sent you a PM

Good luck with server!

Nice. Good Luck with your New Zealand server.

Isn't this in the wrong section?

http://forum.sa-mp.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tingesport
Посмотреть сообщение
Isn't this in the wrong section?

http://forum.sa-mp.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22
No. If you bothered to read the post you would realise that he is asking for feedback and suggestions, not advertising.

Good luck with your server, and I'd be glad to help!

I'd be glad to support this by offering you a way to purchase hosted tab much more cheaper than most hosting companies would offer. You can send me a private message. Not only is this server for the New Zealand people, but for the Australasian people as well.

As far as I know, I've only seen one New Zealander, [HiC]TheKiller, play with ping less than 100. But 1+ to opening more servers for us to play.

Good luck with your server, great

Good luck with your server, i can't find any Australian SA-MP hosting, so better try one of those famous ones, sorry

Great Idea! You should get a Dedi or VPS that's hosted in your area, for lower ping...