Lag Raising Incrementally

I run my test server off of an Ubuntu VPS, IT seems to be it using 50-100mb of ram in the beginning but theirs a gradual climb, For example right now its using 474 MB of ram (which is 45% of the ram I have dedicated to the server) but if I restarted for example, It would go down for a while but eventually climb, Wether after uploading gamemodes, Testing stuff all I know is not much is going on the server its like the server reaches out to use resoruces and doesn't free them when its needed.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Edit: By the way I don't mean just pure GMx I mean, I have to end the end the pid and restart it (or restart the VPS totally and restart the program)

You have a memory leak in one of your scripts.

Try the GM w/ no FS or plugins. If RAM still rises then its the GM. Otherwise its one of the other scripts.

Isnt the only cause of this... MySQL related stuff (Which I don't use)

I'll try what you said and return the results.

Okay so it wasn't the Filterscripts so what could it be?

You can't dynamically allocate memory in PAWN, so the memory leak must be in a plugin.

It shouldn't even be using 50mb's of RAM. With no users in it a SA:MP server with a light script uses under 5-10MB's of RAM. Like previously said, there is a memory leak in your script. MYSQL does use RAM but only if you have MYSQL installed on your VPS would mysqld be running and it wouldn't come under samp03svr.

It's hard to find out what's wrong with your script if it's just doing this without any commands or functions being used. But unfortuantly there's no easy way to fix these things.

Good luck!

Script is file based and their are no plugins so I'm really clueless at this point.

I run my server on ubuntu if that has anything to do with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterTickle
Script is file based and their are no plugins so I'm really clueless at this point.

The OS shouldn't make a difference, but if your running a VPS i'd reccommend somthing like Debian or CentOS rather then Ubuntu but the OS is really a personal preference and isn't anything relevant(unless of course the SA:MP server doesn't run properly under Ubuntu, which I don't believe is the case).

Does your script + fs + scriptfiles etc. work on your home computer without any high memory usage? If so then it's somthing on your VPS setup that is causing it, if not then again it's in your script and I don't really know how we can futher help you with that.

If it does turn out to be the script which is the likely case you might want to seek help in the Scripting Discussion forum, as it is a script issue and not a server issue in itself.

Edit: However, after doing some research it seems that it is extremely unlikely that a script without any plugins(such as MYSQL or external file formats) would be causing a memory leak. Try the script on your home PC like I said above, and we'll go from there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruServe
Quote:

The OS shouldn't make a difference, but if your running a VPS i'd reccommend somthing like Debian or CentOS rather then Ubuntu but the OS is really a personal preference and isn't anything relevant(unless of course the SA:MP server doesn't run properly under Ubuntu, which I don't believe is the case).

Does your script + fs + scriptfiles etc. work on your home computer without any high memory usage? If so then it's somthing on your VPS setup that is causing it, if not then again it's in your script and I don't really know how we can futher help you with that.

If it does turn out to be the script which is the likely case you might want to seek help in the Scripting Discussion forum, as it is a script issue and not a server issue in itself.

Edit: However, after doing some research it seems that it is extremely unlikely that a script without any plugins(such as MYSQL or external file formats) would be causing a memory leak. Try the script on your home PC like I said above, and we'll go from there.
Bad structure and scripting can cause lag... It's not "just" plugins that cause lag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sew_Sumi
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruServe
Quote:

Bad structure and scripting can cause lag... It's not "just" plugins that cause lag.
Of course it can, but pawn doesn't dynamically allocate memory. The symptoms of what's happening is the RAM usage starts at a relatively decent level and increases (like a memory leak).

The only thing that dynamically allocates memory, is PVars, though I'm not too sure of the mechanics of that.