Vehicle still streams in when the interior is different

The topic says it all. When you have some vehicles in interior using LinkVehicleToInterior, you can still enter them in the exterior (interior 0), though you can't see them. I hope it could be fixed.

Oh ... that's why I was rammed by an invisible dude ... makes sense lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by vyper
Посмотреть сообщение
Oh ... that's why I was rammed by an invisible dude ... makes sense lol
Lol.

Confirmed ... many times, at SFAIR 8track's hotring racers fell from sky. xD

you can use SetPlayerVirtualWorld and SetVehicleVirtualWorld to prevent the stream between different interiors

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigETI
Посмотреть сообщение
you can use SetPlayerVirtualWorld and SetVehicleVirtualWorld to prevent the stream between different interiors
But I my scripts uses some virtual world even in interiors. They have different "settings" like allow killing, locking vehicles'health, etc.. If you do so, it will be more complicated to find out the actual "settings" of the virtual world the player in. Thus, I think a streaming fix is much better than a workaround, and it shouldn't be very difficult(simply add an interior check in the streaming code).

NO, PLEASE DO NOT PATCH THIS!

Alot of scripters consider this a "FEATURE", we use it to make objects look real. E.G changing a rc baron's interior then attaching a missile to it to make it look like you are controlling a missile!

This would break multiple scripts across sa-mp......

If this is patched, it would be appreciated to atleast make a way to turn a vehicle invisible with it's collision enabled still.

Look at scripts that actually use this feature to make great things in sa-mp!

http://forum.sa-mp.com/showthread.ph...rolled+missile - fallout
http://i.imgur.com/zuIHQ.jpg - Lorenc_
http://i.imgur.com/iIKcg.jpg - Lorenc_

This is basically the SetVehicleInvisible function with collisions enabled ;\

DO NOT PATCH THIS KALCOR!!!

But if you don't patch this, it will also cause some problems. In some servers, people can see invisible vehicles driving around and hit the players.

I made a system that can load some map mods in server. Doing this can let the players to install many map mods without any conflict. However, due to the object loading bug, I have to make the map into interior in order to force the map to load. Meanwhile, there are also some players that don't use this system, but installing the map by the traditional method (adding files to gta3.img and change the IDE/IPL files). Both share the same map, but they are in different interior. Players will still see the "hidden" players in the other interior, which is my problem. Since the maps aren't put in a room that prevents players from leaving there, players can make use of this to hit the other players in the other interior.

I understand it is very useful for some scripts, but either leaving it there or patching it will cause problems. Adding SetVehicleInvisible will be the best solution, but I think it may not be added in 0.3e.

>In some servers, people can see invisible vehicles driving around and hit the players.
Well, you can change the virtual world for the players and for the vehicles.

In this context I suggest a ghost mode function for vehicles. This function removes the collision from all vehicles to a specific vehicle. So the other vehicles can drive trough the vehicle. This is for race servers important.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atrox95
Посмотреть сообщение
>In some servers, people can see invisible vehicles driving around and hit the players.
Well, you can change the virtual world for the players and for the vehicles.

In this context I suggest a ghost mode function for vehicles. This function removes the collision from all vehicles to a specific vehicle. So the other vehicles can drive trough the vehicle. This is for race servers important.
The problem is that I also uses the virtual worlds which have different settings of whether the players'/vehicles' health will be locked or not. I know it is possible, but I think there will be more bugs.

Anyway your suggestion is good. It is requested for a long time and this also fixes the bug. However, this won't fix the problem of interior vehicles falling to the ground in the exterior.