SA:MP/Computer issue

I'm not exactly sure what's causing this,but i will tell you about it anyway and perhaps one of you will be able to help me.

First of what is the problem, i have installed GTA:San andreas and GTA SA:MP 0.3d R2 and for some reason, i cannot enter any server, whenever i hit 'connect' it just freezes up(only SA:MP, not pc, i can do everything else) and i really don't understand why,because when i try entering normal GTA:San Andreas, it works perfectly and also i'm able to enter SA:MP Debug which is basically the same as normal GTA SA:MP gameplay.
For what i've tried, i don't really have all that much knowledge about computers so i quite simply tried uninstalling and installing SA:MP, then when that didn't work i tried uninstalling everything i found having anything to do with San Andreas and installed it again and yet again, still not working.

If any of you has any idea how to solve it, i would really appreciate it.

What Windows are you on? if you're using windows 7 try run it as administrator and make compatibility mode to Windows XP service pack 3

The windows i currently have is Windows XP service pack 3.

Have you used the Downgrade patch for GTA:SA?

The version i got installed is the most basic San Andreas i think, i doubt it really needs downgrading, though i suppose i could use it if you think it would help.

SA-MP requires GTA:SA (DVD game for PC) v1.00 US/EU.
Version 2.0 of the DVD version can be downgraded to 1.0 using a third-party patch at http://sa-mp.com/download.php.
The Steam and Direct2Drive versions of GTA:SA are not currently supported and cannot be downgraded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvan
Посмотреть сообщение
What Windows are you on? if you're using windows 7 try run it as administrator and make compatibility mode to Windows XP service pack 3
Or Vista can aslo do the same xD

My San Andreas was already v1.0 and well, the problem got solved once i installed MTA, i really don't understand why, but once i installed MTA, SA:MP started working as well, lol. Well thanks to all of you that helped anyway.