[Advice Needed] Is upgrading RAM worth it? / How to increase fps?

My system's specifications: (I know it is probably the worst you have ever heard of)
HP Mini 1010 Notebook
Processor: Intel Atom CPU N270 @ 1.60GHz
RAM: 1GB (Installed on the only slot available)
Video card: Intel GMA 950 @ 128MB
O/S: Windows XP Home Edition SP3
HDD: 160GB

Background:
I used to play with mods and stuff on DM servers with around 15-20 fps.
Recently, I have started playing on A/D servers and popular A/D servers have fps limits. Same goes on with the clan wars. I can't play most of them because of my low fps.

I tried everything I could find to increase my fps including:
No mods whatsoever (clean install of GTA:SA), Lowest quality settings, Stream memory fix, low quality textures/particles, low quality effects, San Andreas fps increaser, More fps timecyc, San Andreas Performance Tool, setting processor affinity for gta_sa, process priority to real-time for gta_sa.exe, modded video card drivers, GMABooster to overclock my video card to 400MHz and so on.

After doing all the above, my in-game fps became 30 to 50 when less or no players are around me in-game.
However, the more players are around me, the more my fps drops down. In self-mapped places on servers and in particular locations around San Andreas like Da Nang Boyz ship, Mullholland Intersection or the Crack Factory etc., my fps is still very low around 15-20fps.

As you can see, my system is an HP Notebook on which nothing can be upgraded at all.
The only thing I can upgrade on my sytem is my RAM (upto maximum 2GB).
I don't foresee myself buying a new PC in next 2 years so....

Question # 1:
Considering my system, will increasing my RAM from 1GB to 2GB increase my fps significantly?
In other words, is buying a 2GB RAM worth it?

Question # 2:
Are there any other tools/fixes/mods, which I haven't mentioned above, to increase fps?

I am asking all this on SAMP forums, because I think this is the most appropriate place considering many experts/scripters are here.

My RAM usage while playing game:

My RAM usage after closing game:

Will Rep+ for anyone helping me out.

Better than upgrading an old thing is to get a new one.

With this system, I'd recommend to get a new system. Increasing the RAM will not or will barely increase the FPS.

Also please keep in mind with a netbook you can only go up to two gbs of ram.

Get a new lap or netbook. Theres no point in trying to prolong it's life to buy a new laptop later, that's just wasting money. Even if you upgrade it, I don't see it going on for another two years.

Notebooks arent designed for gaming, thats something you should always keep in mind (unless you get a special gaming notebook for thousands of euros). The built-in graphics adapters got almost no power, and shared vram is really slow compared to usual gddr.
So upgrading the ram might help a bit, but you still wont get much fps.

If you want a gaming machine, get a desktop pc, that simple.

Its good to upgrade just to upgrade from a old verison to a newer.

I suggest getting a laptop if your a casual gamer, and obviously for the extremers - a desktop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauzen
Посмотреть сообщение
Notebooks arent designed for gaming, thats something you should always keep in mind (unless you get a special gaming notebook for thousands of euros). The built-in graphics adapters got almost no power, and shared vram is really slow compared to usual gddr.
So upgrading the ram might help a bit, but you still wont get much fps.

If you want a gaming machine, get a desktop pc, that simple.
Yes you can find Gaming Laptops such as Alienware which is the best on gaming but expensive also i saw Asus making awesome Gaming Laptops.

Alienware isn't the best for gaming at all! It's just an overpriced company by Dell...