Can a 3-pin fan power splitter power two 230mm fans?

To start off, I'm sorry for making so many questions lately involving computer parts, but I reckon this will be the last.

The Question:

I'm looking to buy a 3-pin fan cable that splits into two. Like this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16812200855

I need it to power two 230mm fans. The main power it will be connected into is my motherboard.

Will it draw enough power for each of them to work to their full potential?

Thanks for your help and sorry for so many questions lately. Building a new computer is hectic xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolumadd_
Посмотреть сообщение
To start off, I'm sorry for making so many questions lately involving computer parts, but I reckon this will be the last.

The Question:

I'm looking to buy a 3-pin fan cable that splits into two. Like this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16812200855

I need it to power two 230mm fans. The main power it will be connected into is my motherboard.

Will it draw enough power for each of them to work to their full potential?

Thanks for your help and sorry for so many questions lately. Building a new computer is hectic xD

edit: the 230mm fans are 12v each.
It really depends on the fans and the motherboard header. If you draw too much power from a single header, it might burn out, so you should check on maximum amperage per fan header on the motherboard manual. Only two high-amperage fans should pose trouble, however.

- Camacorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camacorn
Посмотреть сообщение
It really depends on the fans and the motherboard header. If you draw too much power from a single header, it might burn out, so you should check on maximum amperage per fan header on the motherboard manual. Only two high-amperage fans should pose trouble, however.

- Camacorn
Thanks, I decided to do some researching. The fan header I would be plugging it into on my motherboard can carry up to 1A. I looked at my fan and it says it takes 0.30A of power.

So considering the splitter should split it, equally, each fan should get 0.5A of power. Which is more than enough to power 2 x 0.3A fans.

Correct me if I'm wrong please because I'm a noob when it comes with these things :P

The header I would be plugging them into would be CHA_FAN2

Thank you.

It should work just fine using that configuration, normally over amperage could burn up anything. But in this case 0.2 amps will not hurt a thing. Good luck with your gaming rig, hope i have helped.

- Camacorn

The power isnt aggresively pushed into the fans, they will only take as much as they need, with an uplimit of 1A. Else almost any fan that you connect to the 1A max output would break

I suggest you to connect one of the fans directly into power supply output

Do you really need 2 fans like? Not gonna be really noisy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauzen
Посмотреть сообщение
The power isnt aggresively pushed into the fans, they will only take as much as they need, with an uplimit of 1A. Else almost any fan that you connect to the 1A max output would break
Normally i would have agreed with you but i have run my own tests using a really old computer, and some useless fans i had lying around, they will accept whatever is given to them, that is why sometimes it is bad to replace stock coolers in computers, but some people could care less.

- Camacorn

@Drift_Hunter: I want to be able to control the fans via software.

@Weedar: What? Who says all fans are noisy? I have four fans, if I didn't tell you that, you probably wouldn't even know they are there. That's how quite they are.

Meh its probably just my shitty fans that are noisy :L