Visual Basic 'check'

Hello, thanks for reading this.

I'm trying to make a 'check' (like the 'if' statement in PAWN) in Visual Basic which will check if an FTP server is online. I have no idea where to start :P Would be great if someone could tell me the piece of code I need to check that.

Thx,

Jantjuh

Edit: Yep, I did a few ****** searches. I couldn't find it. Well, I had some results, but I don't get what they mean lawl.

Why don't you use something like C#, IMHO it's even easier. (can also use the GUI builder like in VB). It's also similar to C and thus PAWN in means of syntax.

Also, you will get MORE ACCURATE answers on a forum related to Visual Basic!!

Check out the "Net" namespace on the Microsoft Development Site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jantjuh
Посмотреть сообщение
Hello, thanks for reading this.

I'm trying to make a 'check' (like the 'if' statement in PAWN) in Visual Basic which will check if an FTP server is online. I have no idea where to start :P Would be great if someone could tell me the piece of code I need to check that.

Thx,

Jantjuh

Edit: Yep, I did a few ****** searches. I couldn't find it. Well, I had some results, but I don't get what they mean lawl.
well i cant show a code to see if the FTP is online now becouse i got no time :X but u can look at my old app source which connects to samp server nearly the same way
here

Thank you guys!

park4bmx, gottago to school now, but I'll check that code out later!

thx!