Coding kills the fun?

What are your opinions on SA-MP after you started learning to code?

For me it killed a lot of the fun and hasn't been as fun as it was before I started coding back in like 2007, it took away from the mystery which is what I find fun in a lot of games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norn
Посмотреть сообщение
What are your opinions on SA-MP after you started learning to code?

For me it killed a lot of the fun and hasn't been as fun as it was before I started coding back in like 2007, it took away from the mystery which is what I find fun in a lot of games.
gotta agree on that..

although knowing all that stuff is cool too

Quote:
Originally Posted by saiberfun
Посмотреть сообщение
gotta agree on that..

although k nowing all that stuff is cool too
Definitely, without SA-MP I wouldn't know how to code any languages at all, it brought me on to PHP, C# etc.

I always wanted to run own server, roleplay server of course, I am still newbie but I learn! I learned a bit I have to say, did accomplished to make a little base script of rp based on y_ini with all these cmds and stuff and than... deleted it because it was just a lesson, it toke my 2 days but probably you guys like Norn and other people it takes few hours to make a little base script. Tho it never stole my fun, I had a lot of fun and I am looking forward to be a Community Founder of a great roleplay idea...

It took my "innocence" you might say. Back when i played Sa-mp and did not comment on everything with "oh you probably used X and Y to build this". But still, it was fun and i have moved on.
Maybe i will come back to the mod a year or two later for nostalgia reasons and perhaps i will also start a new script. But every game has this "turn" where you change from a newbie to a complete know-it-all and this transformation usually kills all of the fun (or at least the "newbie exploration" fun).

Since I started more "focused" scripting in samp some years ago i never really played it. I am scripting and coding since Im a little child, but samp-scripting was the closest to a game for me yet. Most of the the time im on some server i am just there to test my or someone else's script. I never was an excessive samp player, but I liked to play on some server from time to time before. But maybe my general interest decreased for whatever reason, independent from scripting, or I just didnt find a server that really attracted me.

In general I would agree, that coding really changes your view on most games (not only focusing on the gameplay, but also on HOW it works), but it does not neccesarily have to kill the fun.

Keeps me away from the family, fun and friends.

I always played on DM server, i was a pro x), now i m not a pro anymore but i can scrpt a little on my server
I see the game by another point of view i mean that i understand how they are "created"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norn
Посмотреть сообщение
Definitely, without SA-MP I wouldn't know how to code any languages at all, it brought me on to PHP, C# etc.
The C# got my attention, actaully C# brought me here lol. C# is not that difficult after you get use to it

It has taken away the mystery of how things work. Now I see a system, and know how it's made, and that takes most of the fun away.