Cannot read from file...

Hello, I'm using Jafet Macario's RP gamemode for beginners but I have one problem with it. I can't compile it!

pawn Code:
C:\DOCUME~1\FMfan\Desktop\rp\Roleplay\GAMEMO~1\rp.pwn(18) : fatal error 100: cannot read from file: "YSI\y_ini"

Compilation aborted.Pawn compiler 3.2.3664          Copyright (c) 1997-2006, ITB CompuPhase

1 Error.
I know that everyone will tell me to put y_ini.inc in include folder but the thing is it's already there pawno\include\YSI\y_ini.inc

Can someone please help me woith this problem?

Try pasting the Y_Ini.inc in the Pawno > Include folder than change it to this

PHP Code:
#include <Y_INI> 

Open pawno.exe in the pawno folder containing the include folder (which I'm assuming has the y_ini directive) Then, CTRL+O > YourGameMode.Pwn > F5 (Compile).

You can now open the gamemode, without having to open the editor first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fmfan
View Post
Hello, I'm using Jafet Macario's RP gamemode for beginners but I have one problem with it. I can't compile it!

pawn Code:
C:\DOCUME~1\FMfan\Desktop\rp\Roleplay\GAMEMO~1\rp.pwn(18) : fatal error 100: cannot read from file: "YSI\y_ini"

Compilation aborted.Pawn compiler 3.2.3664          Copyright (c) 1997-2006, ITB CompuPhase

1 Error.
I know that everyone will tell me to put y_ini.inc in include folder but the thing is it's already there pawno\include\YSI\y_ini.inc

Can someone please help me woith this problem?
Are you sure you got YSI folder in your pawno/include folder? If yes, Then are you using Windows 7? If yes you're using Win 7 then you need to run Pawno.exe as Adminstrator and then re-compile and you're done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kush
View Post
Open pawno.exe in the pawno folder containing the include folder (which I'm assuming has the y_ini directive) Then, CTRL+O > YourGameMode.Pwn > F5 (Compile).

You can now open the gamemode, without having to open the editor first.
This worked but I get 1 warning now:
pawn Code:
C:\Documents and Settings\FMfan\Desktop\rp\Roleplay\gamemodes\rp.pwn(52) : warning 201: redefinition of constant/macro (symbol "strcpy(%0,%1,%2)")
Pawn compiler 3.2.3664          Copyright (c) 1997-2006, ITB CompuPhase

1 Warning.
Line 52:
pawn Code:
#define strcpy(%0,%1,%2) %0="",strcat(%0,%2,%1)

Quote:
View Post
This worked but I get 1 warning now:
pawn Code:
C:\Documents and Settings\FMfan\Desktop\rp\Roleplay\gamemodes\rp.pwn(52) : warning 201: redefinition of constant/macro (symbol "strcpy(%0,%1,%2)")

1 Warning.
Line 52:
pawn Code:
#define strcpy(%0,%1,%2) %0="",strcat(%0,%2,%1)
strcpy is already defined. Either in an include, or somewhere within the script.

It means it is already defined.

Check your script it might be twice defined i guess so.

Edit: Kush is bugatti he is faster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davz*|*Criss
View Post
It means it is already defined.

Check your script it might be twice defined i guess so.

Edit: Kush is bugatti he is faster.
Kush is Kush.

OT: Use CTRL + F, to search for it, and remove the other define, and There you go.

Well there's only one in the script and I get warning but when I put it like comment ( // ) I get errors.

There's nothing wrong if I leave it like that even there's warning?

Remove it.

Quote:
View Post
Well there's only one in the script and I get warning but when I put it like comment ( // ) I get errors.

There's nothing wrong if I leave it like that even there's warning?
No, there's nothing wrong with that, but its better having a GM, with no Warnings at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kush
View Post
Remove it.
But then I get errors

Quote:
View Post
But then I get errors
Show the errors.

pawn Code:
C:\DOCUME~1\FMfan\Desktop\rp\Roleplay\GAMEMO~1\rp.pwn(2378) : error 035: argument type mismatch (argument 2)
C:\DOCUME~1\FMfan\Desktop\rp\Roleplay\GAMEMO~1\rp.pwn(2427) : error 035: argument type mismatch (argument 2)
C:\DOCUME~1\FMfan\Desktop\rp\Roleplay\GAMEMO~1\rp.pwn(2525) : error 035: argument type mismatch (argument 2)
C:\DOCUME~1\FMfan\Desktop\rp\Roleplay\GAMEMO~1\rp.pwn(2644) : error 035: argument type mismatch (argument 2)
C:\DOCUME~1\FMfan\Desktop\rp\Roleplay\GAMEMO~1\rp.pwn(5804) : error 035: argument type mismatch (argument 2)
C:\DOCUME~1\FMfan\Desktop\rp\Roleplay\GAMEMO~1\rp.pwn(5805) : error 035: argument type mismatch (argument 2)

6 Errors.

Here are the lines:
pawn Code:
2378 strcpy(VehicleOwner[freeid], sizeof(VehicleOwner[]), PlayerName(playerid));
2427 strcpy(VehicleOwner[vehicleid], sizeof(VehicleOwner[]), PlayerName(playerid));
2525 strcpy(VehicleNumberPlate[id], sizeof(VehicleNumberPlate[]), inputtext);
2644 strcpy(VehicleNumberPlate[id], sizeof(VehicleNumberPlate[]), params);
5804 else if(strcmp(line, "Owner=", false, 6) == 0) strcpy(VehicleOwner[i], sizeof(VehicleOwner[]), line[6]);
5805 else if(strcmp(line, "NumberPlate=", false, 12) == 0) strcpy(VehicleNumberPlate[i], sizeof(VehicleNumberPlate[]), line[12]);