Much more than a modification

I've been thinking (boredom) and I came into the conclusion that SA-MP has done a lot for a lot of people. I mean: Pawn and SA-MP, together, has given many people the opportunity of learning programming logic and paradigms. It has introduced many people (like me) to a new world that could be their real vocation. Not to mention people who has gone to other programming languages and has been doing great with it.

I think everyone who identified themselves with programming owe a big thanks to not only Kalcor, but everyone who contributed to this community and made programming a cool thing and a great way to have fun.

Any thoughts about this?

I agree but I don't want to make an asslicking post about it so I'll just say:

Without SA-MP I probably wouldn't be getting into an IT job now, I wouldn't have learned the many, many things that I have learned over the years about computing/IT/programming etc... and most importantly I wouldn't have met the amazing people that I have met (some of whom I have met up with in real life and they are now some of my best friends) and I wouldn't have the incredible life experiences that have come with that.

Of course none of this happened directly through SA-MP, more through IRC channels of certain servers... but I wouldn't have been there if SA-MP didn't exist!

So basically (as sad as it sounds to say this about a small modification for a game), SA-MP actually made my life incredible.

SA:MP is awesome, it's great that people can make so many unique things with it.

I gave Kalcor +rep recently on a random post, because...^this post explains it pretty much. I don't play 6 hours a day like some do, but it's about the only game I played since 2007. It's been a great way to spend my spare time on. Well, it became a good part of my life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potassium
Посмотреть сообщение
I agree but I don't want to make an asslicking post about it so I'll just say:
I probably would be stuck in web development if I didn't start playing SA-MP, now I'm learning to program in more complex languages.

I've learned a heck of a lot from SA-MP, not just about technical bits and bobs, so I'm grateful.

sa-mps PAWN wasnt the first, and wont be the last computer language i learned, but over the years it became one of my best languages.

Every time I take a look at my old scripts and compare them to actual ones im amazed of how my style and skills changed. And this didnt affect only pawn, but also my overall skills. sa-mp definitely is a great way to use scripting in a very practical way and so keeps people interested.

It has brought me and Garsino together, so you could say SA-MP is more than just a modification.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauzen
Посмотреть сообщение
sa-mps PAWN wasnt the first, and wont be the last computer language i learned, but over the years it became one of my best languages.

Every time I take a look at my old scripts and compare them to actual ones im amazed of how my style and skills changed. And this didnt affect only pawn, but also my overall skills. sa-mp definitely is a great way to use scripting in a very practical way and so keeps people interested.
Couldn't agree more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauzen
Посмотреть сообщение

When i've joined sa-mp, a few people still remember that i've been reacting like a noob for the first times.
Now, i think that it's better to know fine the language and script whatever you want, without asking help, just when needed(some codes that you fuck up somewhere and need help, all people need to fail anywhere)
The most of the people who joined the last year(2012 and 2011) does not want to learn pawn, they want people to make their script.
anyways, going on topic.
If i did not joined sa-mp before, i should be a total noob at "web" languages and "gaming" languages.
So i can say, sa-m is more than a modification.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiddos
Посмотреть сообщение
It has brought me and Garsino together, so you could say SA-MP is more than just a modification.
You forgot about me