What do you look for in a Roleplay server?

I myself own a Roleplay community, it's hard for new communities to get a perm. solid playerbase, servers lik NG-RP, US-RP, LS-RP etc. already have a playerbase, and a loyal one. So that makes it even harder for new communities to get a good player base.

So, when you go to a new Roleplay Community, what is the main thing you look for?

I want all the RP servers closed! peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepashka
Посмотреть сообщение
I want all the RP servers closed! peace
Lol what makes you say that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Leslie
Посмотреть сообщение
Lol what makes you say that?
They contradict the very idea of ​​GTA

Unique Script!!!

For me, unique script and better than average roleplayers.

Not to hard and not too soft. So everybody must roleplay but no ban if you make 1 mistake like on rc-rp..

Of course a unique script, that isn't over complicated; Basically a unique script, that I can get used to quick. A decent player base would be nice too, but we've all got to start somewhere

I must say I'm not really the roleplay type so much anymore. Getting into roleplay in the first place was on complete accident. Back in 2007 when I was 14 I liked the idea of driving people round in a Taxi and I looked out for "real life" servers having being naive to not know what "roleplay" actually meant. I played freeroam servers mostly, the type that you could enjoy yourself and roleplay at the same time. Eventually I stumbled upon SA:RP which at the time was the most popular SA:MP roleplay server. I joined it because unlike SZR on SA:RP you could actually be a taxi driver without having to apply on the forums!!

So what I'm trying to say is, back then I was naive and I had never been an administrator or joined a faction and so it was all new to me. It was rather exciting and I enjoyed having to work my way up in the SA:RP days. Nowadays I've bin there and done that so to speak and so therefore I become a lot more judgmental when it comes to joining a new community and I'm pretty sure that a lot of the old players are the same. So for me a good roleplay server is one that is passionate about roleplay. A server that puts roleplay first and administration second. A lot of servers these days pay to much attention to detail with their administration. Big communities I totally understand, but a small community doesn't need all these business titles "Executive this" and "Director.." that, all they need is to provide a stable and enjoyable server.

Although my idea is something I'm currently doing myself, it's not likely to be complete since I barely have the time to work on it, so why not pass the idea down. Either way, would be nice to see a few communities of this style...

Freeroam Roleplay: Allow the players to do whatever your script allows them to do for as long as they follow your server rules (Non-RP Related). The basic point with this is to eliminate all un-nessecary kicking such as kicking for a non First_Last RP Formatted Player Name. The more freedom your players will have, the more players you'll have to work with since they weren't kicked for something stupid. Want to enforce such a Player Name Format? Alright, but create something in the script that gives them the chance to change thier Player Name then instead of simply kicking them. Give your administrators more options rather then simply kicking players to fix some error, for example if a player needs to change thier name (Michael_Jackson), then give them that chance In-Game with some type of /ForceNamE or something...

However, the more freedom you allow the player will also result in having more players. But of course your server may be full of DMers than Hardcore RPers, but doesn't mean its the end of the line either. Instead of losing those DMers, why not just take the time and force RP on them to THIER understanding? How is that done? If a player is arrested for 'Murder', give them a healthy time in jail increasing it on repeated offenses. That might help slow thier roll (Well, for most of them anyways). But keep on with whatever ideas to deal with problem instead of Bans/Kicks.

Drop the whole Forum Application BS for certain jobs such as the police, sounds more like work than it is play. But of course limiting those accepted onto certain jobs is still a must, but can all be done In-Game. For example, player might first need a Driver's License, Schooling & maybe worked at least 40 hours with some other Legit Job. If they screw up, have the script considered them fired & never able to return to that job or something. On my old server, cops couldn't touch a player unless the server script knows that player is guilty of something. The point is though, every player should be given the chance to RP a cop if that is what they want to do, but make them work for it

Now if you're looking into creating some Hardcore RP Community, then forget everything I just said & create scripts better than all the others & advertise your server in hopes of players noticing it. You won't find me there though, heh, I believe in such freedom, afterall GTA is a game, not something you should have to work so hard for etc.