[FilterScript] Pesticide (FS + Include) - Online Blacklist

Pesticide Blacklist
Hey. I want to present you my new Filterscript Pesticide.

What is Pesticide?
Pesticide is an online Blacklist. The idea came from my Administration and Anti-Cheat script (which was no real success actually), because I think this something that can be used on every server very easily, also in combination with other (better) Administration or Anti-Cheat scripts.

The Filterscript verifies the connection data of every player that joins to the server and looks if he is banned on another server that uses Pesticide. If a player is banned it looks up when it was. The more often you get banned, the longer you will be banned from every server.

Let's say you have been banned for the 2nd time, then you are blacklisted for 3^2=9 days.
For the next time you get banned 3^3=27 days, then 2^4=81, etc... Got it? So everyone should take care on how often he gets banned.

How to use it?
It's very easy and just 3 steps.

1. You download the Pesticide-Package, which includes the Filterscript and the Include. Then you paste the Include into /pawno/includes, the Filterscript into /filterscripts and add it to server.cfg.

2. After that, you need to look up if any scripts on your server use the Ban- or BanEx-Funtion. When you completed your search, include pesticide.inc to every script that uses the Ban-Functions and recompile.

Important! Be sure to also look in Administration-scripts or any scripts that you've recently downloaded, because Pesticide needs to effect every script, which uses the Ban-Functions, like I also said above, otherwise it does not work properly.

3. Start the server. It will say something like "#Pesticide: Database pinged with n entries. Ping: x". n is the amount of entries in the database, or you can simply say it's the amount of people that are banned with Pesticide. x is the Ping of the server, on which the database is located. At the moment it's a bit bad that I just have a free german webspace host, which currently has a pretty bad Ping, but: The Ping is not that important, as long as there is no connection timeout. Ofcourse I would be very happy if someone would be nice enough to offer me a webhost for free, because then I could create mirrors of the database and see which host has the best ping for the user, but this is something which will come with the next versions of Pesticide.

Why should I use it?
You should use it because it's a very easy way to get rid of cheaters.
Also it cannot include any 'secret' features like password stealing, etc, because the source code is viewable, without showing the password of the database, due to the fact that all data is redirected over a php-script, so you can see all data that is sent to the database.

Also this script notifies you when there are changes done within the script. So when there are some bugfixes released, the script is going to tell you that there is a new version and that you should download it.

Just download and see by yourself.

Download
Sorry, but because this is something that can effect many people, I need to make small 'Terms of Usage'.
Thanks for your understanding.

If you use Pesticide,...
...you are not allowed to use this script for illegal purposes
...you are not allowed to ban innocent people when using this script
...you are not allowed to connect to the URLs manually, except blacklist.pytalhost.net/index.php
...you are not allowed to modify this script, neither by changing something, nor by adding codelines
I Agree and want to download the Package.
Filterscript on Pastebin
Include on Pastebin
(pastebin links look a bit messy though)

Thanks for reading and have fun using Pesticide!
I hope you will like it and many people will use it.

Please give me suggestions for what to add to make this script better.

This is the first version, so if you find any bugs, please notify me! Thanks!

Good Job!

damn very nice (:!

Very very nice

Check your PM's, DeathOnaStick

Not effective.
A ban for 3 days ?
After 24h IPv4-Adresses change themself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trooper[Y]
View Post
Not effective.
A ban for 3 days ?
After 24h IPv4-Adresses change themself...
Only if the lease is lost. The lease wont be lost if the player's internet connections are continuously online.

If IPv4 connections changed themselves every 24 hours, we would have to access www.sa-mp.com with a different web address EVERY day because name servers and hosting servers are IPv4 aswell. (A very small minority are IPv6)

The first thing that came to my mind while reading this was: How easily can this be abused?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiddos
View Post
The first thing that came to my mind while reading this was: How easily can this be abused?
not as easy as you think (;

This is far too abusive, especially if anyone can ban and add to the list. Whats to stop an admin on a server going mad and just banning all players, adding them to the banlist for no reason at all?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiddos
View Post
I understand your point, but I made several limits. 1 ban per hour, and just a few bans (forgot the number now) per day. Forgot to mention it in the main post. Also I can easily 'ban' servers from blacklisting players. I think this is all I can do according to the point of abusement.

Aditionally it the first ban won't actually ban you, because it begins counting at 0 and 3^0 = 0.

Lol Epic Nice

Its awesome for all kind of servers