Server Hibernation

Hey,
What does "HIbernation" of a game server mean?

Lets say I've 30 days validity left for my server. If I hibernate for a week, what will the then current status of server validity show? Would it be 30 days (even after 1 week of hibernation) or 23 days(30-7 = 23) ?

How long can I hibernate a server?

Please explain all these with clarity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by donB
Посмотреть сообщение
Hey,

Lets say I've 30 days validity left for my server. If I hibernate for a week, what will the then current status of server validity show? Would it be 30 days (even after 1 week of hibernation) or 23 days(30-7 = 23) ?

Are you talking about a gameserver that you pay for?
I am not understanding what you mean by the status...

Most likely, yes.
Check with your hoster to be sure and to find out how long you can hibernate your server for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vi3t102
Посмотреть сообщение
Your a Animal?
Cause You say Hibernate
It Winter And You Hibernate your probably a human bear
Are you a useless noob?

Don't post when you don't know anything. Better GTFO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal
Посмотреть сообщение
Are you talking about a gameserver that you pay for?
I am not understanding what you mean by the status...
yes, I'm talking about the game server where I host my GM. Understood Now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by donB
Посмотреть сообщение
Hey,

Hibernation of a game server? I can't say i've heard of it, but i assume it just means the server uses less memory/cpu cycles while it hibernates, to save resources.

If you have 30 days left and you hibernate for 30 days, i think it would be the same as you just leaving the server on normally for 30 days.

But i would suggest contacting your host for a better answer.

Hibernate is something you can do on serverFFS for an example. Lets say you are going out to travel for a month. And you dont wanna loose your server. So then you can hibernate ( Freeze ) the server. So when you get back, you can continue with the server You push your expiry date forward.