Using "query 0"

Hi,
This will be pretty hard to explain, but I'll try.
I have a password protected server, hosted on host with auto restarter (restarts server only if it crashes or you use RCON exit).
I changed setting "query" to 0 in server.cfg and restarted server using RCON.
Server restarts and SA-MP client only shows server name & ping (that's ok since query is off).
But client doesn't detects that server is password protected and "Server password" field is disabled so I can't join the server.
And after turning off query RCON doesn't work anymore (no idea why)..
So now my server is inaccessible since I cannot enter server password, and RCON doesn't work so I can't restart the server.

This is actually not a bug, but maybe a missing feature of a client (to enable server password field if query is off)

Well what's the chance of anyone going on the server if you have a private IP and don't give it out anyway?

I'm still developing it, that's why it's password protected, but now even I cannot access it, so I'm using local server for developing, but if I use local server I cannot call anybody to test script.. :/

Why would you set query to 0?

To hide it, you only need to set announce to 0.

People will only see the server name if they know the IP, not by internet list or anything.

If you're that concerned, just rename server name to something which isn't your oh so secret server name which cannot be given to anybody because of risks to the US president.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limex
Посмотреть сообщение
Why would you set query to 0?

To hide it, you only need to set announce to 0.

People will only see the server name if they know the IP, not by internet list or anything.

If you're that concerned, just rename server name to something which isn't your oh so secret server name which cannot be given to anybody because of risks to the US president.
I just wanted to test what does it do