[MYSQL]Connect bug or...?

Hi,

I am trying to make a MySQL account system, and I have this code in the game mode under OnGameModeInit:

mysql_connect("184.154.42.106", "sfa1_admin", "sfa1_server", "password");

Everything loads up fine, but when I register nothing happens, I looked into this problem and found that it is trying to connect to my ip instead of the 184.154.42.106

Error Message:

[06:51:03] -- Connecting to "184.154.42.106" | DB: "sfa1_server" | Username: "sfa1_ServU" ...
[06:51:04] CMySQLHandler::Connect() - Access denied for user 'sfa1_ServU'@'72.25.63.125' (using password: YES) (Error ID: 1045)

Is this a common bug, or is this an error on my part?

Have you confirmed that the connection details are correct? If so, does your MySQL server allow remote connections (if you are connecting to another server through the plugin)?

The connection details are correct (at least I think so, its the ip of the PHPmyAdmin) and I am not sure if it allows remote connections, the most I have ever done on there all used Localhost, how would I find out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [SF]Bamdude37
Посмотреть сообщение
The connection details are correct (at least I think so, its the ip of the PHPmyAdmin) and I am not sure if it allows remote connections, the most I have ever done on there all used Localhost, how would I find out?
Try this: http://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/how-do...se-server.html (if you have root access to the server)

I found an area in CPannel called Remote MySQL, if this is it, I added my IP to the list of access hosts. It still gives the same error as before

Has anyone else tried using mysql_connect with another host that can see something wrong with what i did?

If your running your server on your localhost, why don't you download and install "XAMPP". You can basically host a website, or MySQL server, from your personal PC. It's a lot easier to maintain and you won't have to worry about incompatibility. If you need a small tutorial on installation and setup, I'm sure if you ****** and/or ******* searched it, something will pop up.

Im not running it on local host, im running it off a dedi, and i want the account system to be on x10hosting

Quote:
Originally Posted by [SF]Bamdude37
Посмотреть сообщение
Im not running it on local host, im running it off a dedi, and i want the account system to be on x10hosting
Okay, well that can't happen. If you have a dedicated server, install MySQL! You cannot use x10Hosting or even 000WebHost for a SA-MP MySQL database, it just isn't allowed... Find another option.

Well by dedi i mean just hosted , on http://no1servers.com/ but why can't you use x10 premium