MySQL Control Panel

I'm currently working on a secure control panel for people running their server with a MySQL database.

It will have managing of bans, users, admins, and server settings.

It will work with PHP. It must be hosted on the same server as the MySQL database unless your database is able to be configured to connect to an external database.

You can also have a client side so your members could see a list of current members. You can configure it so you can choose what they saw.

Here are the options on what they can see:

1) member name
2) admin/not admin
3) VIP status (if you have VIP)
4) houses owned
5) cars owned
6) money
7) current coordinates

This is just a plan right now.

I only have a couple of features done, which is reading from the database and editing the player's amount of money via the website.

Ideas? Suggestions?

Wow, Nice 1.
You should release one for not RP servers.
One with Score, Deaths, Kills, Money, Status (Admin types + VIP) And the Ip.
Well that would be perfect and tons of people would be using it

Ps! If you started it, finish it

I had a similar idea before. Only thing is think how many different people use MySQL and the different ways they would save stuff. This means when creating the CPanel you will have to make it extremely customizable in terms of fields used as I can guarantee people will save them in different names tables/fields. If you're aiming at a specific script though, it's fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotenks918
I had a similar idea before. Only thing is think how many different people use MySQL and the different ways they would save stuff. This means when creating the CPanel you will have to make it extremely customizable in terms of fields used as I can guarantee people will save them in different names tables/fields. If you're aiming at a specific script though, it's fine.
If people want to use it enough then they should take the time to edit it?

How many people who use PAWN know PHP? Unless you mean the other way round, people should edit the fields they use in the PAWN script.

Thanks for the suggestions.

What I'm thinking about is an installer script, where it asks someone for their database username/pass and for their table names. They would have to have the tables set up beforehand though. I could make it create the tables, but they'd have to customize their script for that.

A simple start/stop cpanel would be good, that would run the server as a root and not using apache2.