My Phone System Question

I didn't like the plain old Godfather giving number system so i created my own.

It works like this: When the player is registering they choose a phone number and when they choose a phone number server creates a blank file in the /scriptfiles/phonenumbers/ folder. That would make the phone number taken.

If somebody else wants it, server would check does the phone number file exist and if yes, player would get a message saying that the phone number is taken.

Well, this phone number hunting can be a real pain when 10000 numbers are already taken so i was thinking to make a textdraw with suggestions, where there would be 5 number suggestions.

And now the question: Im stuck, i don't know how to create the suggestions... so could you please give me an idea or sample code ?

Thank you very much.

BUMP.

EDIT: I've got an idea and here's how i did it:

I've created a loop from 1000 till 100000 and it loops until it gets 5 available numbers (fexist) that are going to the suggestions tab (textdraw).

I've just have a simple question now, will this loop lagg the server ?

Thank you for your answers.

BUMP ! BUMP ! BUMP !

Quote:

you can check it by yourself :P it's better than waiting for some answer in here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toniu_
Quote:

you can check it by yourself :P it's better than waiting for some answer in here
Well i can, but on a test server with 2-3 players max ... I want an answer from someone skillful who can give me an answer in theory would this loop lagg for a server with 40 - 50 players online.

BUMP.

alright what is it exactly you want to do, you've put the phonenumbers in /scriptfiles/numbers/ created the loop from 10000 > 100000? & want the textdraw to show 5 numbers in that loop that havnt been taken?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♣ ©ⓤⓝⓔⓞ ♣
alright what is it exactly you want to do, you've put the phonenumbers in /scriptfiles/numbers/ created the loop from 10000 > 100000? & want the textdraw to show 5 numbers in that loop that havnt been taken?
Yes, i just don't know is it okay to create such a big loop and im woried it will lagg my server...

I'm sure it will be fine but make sure that you dont go over 100000 and you should be fine also, i too use a loop this size and i dont appear to recieve any lagg but i suppose it depends on your host?

And it also highly depends on your scripting optimization. If you're doing something like opening and closing a file every time you loop then you're going to have a bad time.