For DMers

Just a suggestion, maybe Kye could do something useful for DMers and add callback OnPlayerDoDamage or something like that, not only RP things.

This callback would be very useful to see if player did damage, so u can see how much he did etc.. Maybe more suggestions for DM not RP.

I support it. Next suggestion which could be very usefull. Just like:

Код:
OnPlayerDamage(playerid, attackerid, weaponid)
Obviously, would be nice to see `bodypart` as 4th argument, could be used for "head shots" (example).
Or/and `healthloss`, but it can be scripted using `weaponid`. Each weapon takes a different amount of health level.

i agree on this but, not all damage comes from players/weapons. You have fall damage, explosions, vehicles and other stuff. So the call back would have to be thought about a bit more.

This would be called to much and would probably be more work than it's worth. If he was going to take a suggestion, I'd rather see something like TogglePlayerInstagib. I know that if this callback was added such a function would be scriptable anyway, but it wouldn't be as intense.

And he has done things for DMers, an example of which was syncing satchel chargers and 3D Text labels (adding a team name above a players head?). 0.3 is still a WIP, nobody except Kye (afaik) know's every feature to it. There could be a lot more scriptable DM features that you don't know about.

I actually disagree with that :P

It's more possible to script DM features than it is RP. For example, one of 0.3's new RP features is chat bubbles, and one of it's dm features is satchel charges. You couldn't script anything like a chat bubble in 0.2x, but you could script a satchel charge like system using OnPlayerKeyStateChange, objects, and CreateExplosion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaTrIx4057
Just a suggestion, maybe Kye could do something useful for DMers and add callback OnPlayerDoDamage or something like that, not only RP things.

This callback would be very useful to see if player did damage, so u can see how much he did etc.. Maybe more suggestions for DM not RP.
Mhh i like this idea. Souported.

Keep your mind open, there are always more things possible for both DM and RP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seif_ [adream-rp.com
]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_

It's more possible to script DM features than it is RP. For example, one of 0.3's new RP features is chat bubbles, and one of it's dm features is satchel charges. You couldn't script anything like a chat bubble in 0.2x, but you could script a satchel charge like system using OnPlayerKeyStateChange, objects, and CreateExplosion.
Actually... you can't in 0.3 neither. I wonder why Kye even called it a chat bubble.
What are you saying can't be done in 0.3? And why wouldn't it be called a chat bubble..

true agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seif_ [adream-rp.com
]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_

Actually... you can't in 0.3 neither. I wonder why Kye even called it a chat bubble.

But let's see it like this; what's not possible to script that would be really great for RP? Except body parts detection, DM would need that too.
Because it looks like a bubble wich is filled with text?