Playerid in chat

How do I add a playerid in the chatbox, like so:
"(0)Remi: Test"
It must be possible, i've seen it on more servers.

In the public "OnPlayerText":
new formattext[256];
format(formattext,sizeof(formattext),"%s (ID: %d)",text,playerid);
SendPlayerMessage(playerid,formattext);
return 0;

Eh? Why should he use 256 cells?

+ your little snippet will only work for you,since you have another SendClientMessageToAll defined.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remi-X
How do I add a playerid in the chatbox, like so:
"(0)Remi: Test"
It must be possible, i've seen it on more servers.
Код:
GetPlayerName
format
SetPlayerName
SendPlayerMessageToAll
SetPlayerName // back to original name

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmeRinG
In the public "OnPlayerText":
new formattext[256];
format(formattext,sizeof(formattext),"%s (ID: %d)",text,playerid);
SendPlayerMessage(playerid,formattext);
return 0;
They will send:

Remi: Message goes here (ID: 0)

(Also it should be SendPlayerMessageToAll)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlip
+ your little snippet will only work for you,since you have another SendClientMessageToAll defined.
This is not a sendclientmessagetoall, this is sendplaymessage... I got it wrong and didn't do SendPlayerMessageToAll but this is differrent from sendclientmessage it sends a message that look like a player sent it...
and MenaceX, I used 256 cells because this is a player message and it should have maximum cells, so player's messages are not cut in the end

Quote:
and MenaceX, I used 256 cells because this is a player message and it should have maximum cells, so player's messages are not cut in the end
Read THIS.

The maximum player message is only 128 cells long.

I'd rather done it with SendClientMessageToAll, also I still don't get why you use 256 cells.

Added due to Omering's reply:
Quote:
I guess you haven't read the topic about 256 cells. The screen can't to contain longer than 128 characters per line.
Though it's a wasted array - once your server has many players it will be lagging as hell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MenaceX^
I'd rather done it with SendClientMessageToAll, also I still don't get why you use 256 cells.

Added due to Omering's reply:
Quote:
I guess you haven't read the topic about 256 cells. The screen can't to contain longer than 128 characters per line.
Though it's a wasted array - once your server has many players it will be lagging as hell.
ye just read it, didn't know that...
well atlest i've learnt something new