anti ddos

hello, Maybe you can tell is where to get samp anti-DDoS linux?

Quote:
Originally Posted by -StanD-
hello, Maybe you can tell is where to get samp anti-DDoS linux?
what there is anti ddos for windows? (just asking) i don't think such thing anti ddos
btw, here is a useful link:
click here

don't work...

You cant stop a DDOS or DOS attack, its a flaw in the internet, the best you can do for it is block the IP who connects the most amount of times a second.
Otherwise, There is no cure, unless you cashout on a hardware firewall which will prevent 40% of it.

I had a program for wxp and 1 for linux, it worked for about 2 weeks and averted the problem, but now the DDoSers are back with more strength. So unfortunately I dont think there will be an Anti DDoS script for a while. it would be nice to see people making plugins to detect it though.

u can't detect it if its ddos which use several proxies because u only could detect it if there would be one or 2 ips that keep static.
but with proxie there would be much more which doesnt let u detect it.

Tho there ain't "real" antiddos because it's just a way of connecting to the server or just doing ping to it.
So you can't detect it usually.
Only if you know who is attacking u,if he only got 1 ip and no proxies,and if u know when he does it.

but ye the best way avoiding it is just to let them have there fun and don't be angry just let it happen.
there more u get angry the longer they will have their fun.

~Saiberfun

I'm a webmaster, There's a firewall for webservers so that if an IP requests too much data in a short amount of time, It's blacklisted and won't be able to connect to the site at all.

I'm sure someone will make this software for gameservers/SA-MP sometime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostBytez
I'm a webmaster, There's a firewall for webservers so that if an IP requests too much data in a short amount of time, It's blacklisted and won't be able to connect to the site at all.

u could do that but that only helps for dos
not ddos :]
ddos = dynamic deny of system
means using proxies for multiple ips as i said before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiBerFun
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostBytez

u could do that but that only helps for dos
not ddos :]
ddos = dynamic deny of system
means using proxies for multiple ips as i said before.
for your information, it's called Distributed Denial of Service

Someone should make an ipchains rule or something.

Although to do that they'd almost need the botnet to attack them directly, or... To get a hold of some code from the botnet and actually use it on them selves, and try block it decently.

It should be able to be done, Upstream providers can do that sort of stuff, although it is tricky and difficult.

Just block the range of PCs where it comes from.