SA-MP Issue

Hi all, I'm not sure if this is the right section to post this issue, but it concerns this particular version of SA - MP.
The thing is, whenever I try to connect to any server, it doesn't do anything...
I tried to find a solution on the Help Topics, and deleted the gta_sa.set file from my User Files folder (I didn't find the d3d9.dll file on the game's folder, so it should be ok), and I don't have any cheats or mods in the game, but the problem still remains unsolved.
One other thing: I checked the Properties of my gta_sa.exe (the one at the game directory), and I found out that there isn't any tab concerning the Version of the game, therefore I can only think that the issue has something to do with the unknown version of my gta_sa.exe file.
I've also tried to downgrade to version 1.0 using the patch from this website, and it failed, because the actual version of the game is unknown.
So, what do you suggest I should do?
I can play in Single Player mode just fine, but with SA-MP the game just won't launch...
Appreciate your help

1) Are you using a crack?
2) Try to launch SA:MP Debug

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeNkStAX
1) Are you using a crack?
2) Try to launch SA:MP Debug
1)Yes, but I used to play SA-MP for a while now, and at the time it worked fine, even with this same cracked .exe. But it's been a while since the last time I played SA-MP, and today I reinstalled the game and SA-MP, and it won't launch...

2)I tried that too, and like in SA-MP, nothing happens when I click the Debug button.

Buy the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Fackin'
Pyro ]
Buy the game.
Err..thanks for the advise, but I bought the original game when it was released, and now the disc is all scratched, can't even be read on the drive.

I don't understand, if I already played SA-MP before using a cracked .exe, why can't I do that now? I really wouldn't want to spend money on another original game...

Plus, I really don't believe that all those who are playing SA-MP have the original game, so there must be a solution for sure. I'll try to figure it out myself, if nobody else can...

Ok, so I found out how to play SA-MP with the cracked .exe, and even though the solution is not the best, at least it works.
I had to disable my anti-virus protection, then reboot the PC, and play SA-MP with no problems whatsoever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyeman
You might need to disable Proactive Defense and reboot before you can connect to a server.
This was posted by kieman and applies to those who have Kaspersky, like myself, and it worked, but I still believe there is a better way to fix this issue, so I'll try to find a way. Any suggestions to solve the problem are welcome.

[edit]: I found out that, if you set the compatibility of your gta_sa.exe icon to Windows 98/Me (in Windows XP), you can play SA-MP without the need to disable Proactive Defense on Kaspersky and rebooting your PC. The only problem is, that you won't be able to play in Single Player mode, because it crashes to desktop with that annoying Error Report message.
Still, another way (probably the best) to play either GTA San Andreas and SA-MP with no problems, is to enable compatibility mode on Kaspersky, as quoted below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchviderS
You dont need disable the proactive defense, follow this steps:
- In protection tab, select "Proactive Defense" > Configure;
- In the window that has opened, select "Protection" (the first on list);
- Mark the box in "Compatibility" mode;
- Restart pc.
Worked for me, have fun
If neither of these fix the problem, try and change your antivirus software, because some versions of Kaspersky are known to cause SA-MP not to work at all (at least without changing any settings, like SchviderS's suggestion quoted above).
Hope this helped, and see you at SA-MP...

I have Kaspersky and I never had any SA-MP problems so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrokid
I have Kaspersky and I never had any SA-MP problems so far.
Yeah, but this has been known to happen with only few specific versions of Kaspersky (mine is 7.0.1.325), so I take it yours must be different than mine.
Strange thing, neverteheless, because I stopped playing SA-MP for quite a while now, and at the time I had this same version of Kaspersky installed, and SA-MP 0.2.2 R3, and had no problems whatsoever...
But anywho, everything's finally A-OK, and I surely hope not to have any more issues from now on...

QUOTE: [edit]: I found out that, if you set the compatibility of your gta_sa.exe icon to Windows 98/Me (in Windows XP), you can play SA-MP without the need to disable Proactive Defense on Kaspersky and rebooting your PC

THANK YOU!!! :*