Does it make sense?

Hi, guys, I would like to ask if it makes sense to implement this idea. I have plans to make a server in the genre of RPG / Survival with NPCs, quests and survival (oh really?). The plans to create a launcher with server monitoring, news and downloading a modpack for the game (after the end of the game session the mods will be removed).
I decided not to use version 0.3.DL, since I found a lot of flaws with new features, and 0.3.DL won't allow me to load new models for weapons and sounds.

I already have experience in creating such servers and have a file with a huge number of ideas and tasks for the game mod, but I doubt whether it will be able to shoot and gain popularity. I would like to ask for your advice on whether to do this and what nuances I should take into account.

Sorry for my bad english.

If you have the knowledge, time and dedication to make it happen, why not? The only way to see if it works out is to try it

"I found a lot of flaws."

Mention the flaws, sir. Then we'll talk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logic_
Посмотреть сообщение

yeah lol

and to answer your original question,
Nope. Doesnt make sense.

I would never download a launcher just to play on a server. Especially not if it tinkers with my GTA installation...

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение

I have somewhere there is a list of all the shortcomings that I found with other scripters, if I find it - be sure to write here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gforcez1337
Посмотреть сообщение
I would never download a launcher just to play on a server. Especially not if it tinkers with my GTA installation...
That's why I asked this question, as not all players agree to download the launcher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmeladova
Посмотреть сообщение
That's why I asked this question, as not all players agree to download the launcher.
I personally would skip a server that makes me download a launcher, some mod pack that will be applied to my GTA installation.. Too much time, too much effort to join a server..

With 0.3.7-DL it's already getting annoying that I have to wait because of slow download speeds when downloading objects.. I can't see myself downloading a launcher and mod pack.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение

That's what I said:

• Vulnerability: client does not check loaded models for compliance with checksum
• When you restart those players that were on the server, is not caused by the download of new files
• Broken animation of destruction of destructible objects
• The actors play the animation, if you drive close to them
• If the player reconnects, OnPlayerFinishedDownloading is not called (no objects are created, respectively)
• The function with textdraws remained unfinished (moreover, the secret AddTexture function was removed in R1)

And most importantly-a branch of the main version of SA-MP. About this version there is no information on the main page of the site SA-MP, which is why in this version there will be few players, not all servers will go to this (at the moment terribly unfinished) version, so few people will play it.

If you know what it takes to master such a thing on 0.3.7 itself, go for it.