Compiling on linux/unix

I'm used to OS X and wanna work on it, I've been able to compile the default new.pwn just using winehq which worked fine. Although just by adding some includes the pawn compiler messes up.

I've been looking at QuickPawn which comes with a compiler to compile on linux. I was unable to compile the compiler on OS X so I'm trying to do that on a local linux (debian) machine and it half-way worked out;

Quote:

manuel@home:~/pawn/QuickPawn$ /opt/Pawn/source/compiler/pawncc -iinclude mafia02.pwn -t4 -v2 -d2
Pawn compiler 3.2.3664 Copyright © 1997-2006, ITB CompuPhase

Tried various parameters, without parameters, but it doesn't finish compiling. Just creates an .amx file of 0KB and is stuck right there. No debug/error messages anywhere.

Has anyone been able to compile on linux? Any required pawncc parameters to be sent?

OK, finally got it to work - anyone who's in need of it;

Using wine it just continously kept creating 99byte AMX files, I then installed winetricks and downloaded vcredist2005. Now I can compile everything just fine!

You can get required patches from ZeeX's github repo, the download link is also provided.

lol, I used wine and standard pawno F5 compile

Hey, I usually write my scripts on my mac then send a friend the files for them to press F5 and compile for me. Obviously this isn't ideal so being the person that I am I decided to look into the PAWN compiler over at http://www.compuphase.com/pawn/ So I went down to the section with the download for the toolkit source so I could compile it on my mac. After running in to multiple issues when generating the files with CMake I opened up the generated xproj file.

To put a long story short I am running into a few errors and I believe that I may be able to over come this, so that I am able to put the mac compiler with a PAWNO editor and be able to write scripts successfully.
Also I am a bit of a noob when using cmake and I believe that you are able to run the cmake_install.cmake but I do not have the command line link on my mac.

If anybody has any ideas about this feel free to post below

-Connor

http://www.cmake.org/files/v2.8/cmake-2.8.9.tar.gz
install
cd into the src dir
type cmake
done.

As far as I know that pawn compiler on the website isn't the same as SA:MPs one, which is customized and which you cannot download anywhere.

Hey man I get the weird 96kb thing too when using wine, I too have tried many ways to get my scripts to compile on mac...its not going to happen imo.

Hello,

I recently have found out something nice, in most of times when you complie a pwn file the amx is unusable. Okay so if you simply install net framework 3.5 into the emulator the amx is usable. I have get it working on Crossover 11 I simply installed framework 3.5 and now I can make usable amx files

--

Kelvin C.

Humm.. where do i have to store my includes to get this running on Linux? Always got the "cant read a_samp.." message

Quote:
Originally Posted by faxxe
View Post
Humm.. where do i have to store my includes to get this running on Linux? Always got the "cant read a_samp.." message
I have the same problem and no one knows how to solve it

Use -i argument to specify the include folder, ex:

Код:
pawncc -i../includes/ main.pwn

Quote:
Originally Posted by iKarim
Посмотреть сообщение
Use -i argument to specify the include folder, ex:

Код:
pawncc -i../includes/ main.pwn
Don't work

Код:
{
	"cmd": ["pawncc", "-i../include/", "$file_name", "-;+", "-v2", "-d3","-Z+", "-\\)+"],
	"path": "/lib/"
}
Код:
new.pwn(5) : fatal error 100: cannot read from file: "a_samp"

Compilation aborted.

Pawn compiler 3.10.6	 	 	Copyright © 1997-2006, ITB CompuPhase

1 Error.
[Finished in 0.1s with exit code 1]
[cmd: ['pawncc', '-i../include/', 'new.pwn', '-;+', '-v2', '-d3', '-Z+', '-\\)+']]
[dir: /home/vlsex/samp03/gamemodes]
[path: /home/vlsex/bin:/home/vlsex/.local/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games:/usr/local/games]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moras
Посмотреть сообщение
Don't work

Код:
{
	"cmd": ["pawncc", "-i../include/", "$file_name", "-;+", "-v2", "-d3","-Z+", "-\\)+"],
	"path": "/lib/"
}
Код:
new.pwn(5) : fatal error 100: cannot read from file: "a_samp"

Compilation aborted.

Pawn compiler 3.10.6	 	 	Copyright © 1997-2006, ITB CompuPhase

1 Error.
[Finished in 0.1s with exit code 1]
[cmd: ['pawncc', '-i../include/', 'new.pwn', '-;+', '-v2', '-d3', '-Z+', '-\\)+']]
[dir: /home/vlsex/samp03/gamemodes]
[path: /home/vlsex/bin:/home/vlsex/.local/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games:/usr/local/games]
I said specify the path of your includes folder not use the example and expect it to work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iKarim
Посмотреть сообщение
I said specify the path of your includes folder not use the example and expect it to work.
And i use. My compiler is in the folder /home/user/samp03/pawno/ and includes in /home/user/samp03/pawno/include/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moras
Посмотреть сообщение
And i use. My compiler is in the folder /home/user/samp03/pawno/ and includes in /home/user/samp03/pawno/include/
Then you should pass -iincludes instead of -i../includes

Thats work iKarim!