Issue with downloads and servers with Load Balancing IPs/Dynamic DNS

Hi, I wanted to bring up a little issue:
Some servers that use Dynamic DNS or Load Balancing solutions would have problems with the downloads system, as everytime they connect, the different IP will force them to re-download custom server files, which would be very annoying.

I think I speak for a handful of servers here, that it would be greate for a solution for this. The best thing to do would be to download by domain (Eg. folder would be server.roleplay.com)

This would encourage these servers to add custom objects, instead of discouaring because of time loads.

That would be all, thanks for reading!

maybe each server should have a long unique hash and everything would be saved in that folder instead of a folder named by ip

There is no way to cleanly resolve this, unless you're doing something with a long unique hash.

It's a problem, in this same version they should accept DNS for this kind of thing

Maybe use rDNS in the folder name instead the IP would solve this problem, so the owners can configure the reverse DNS for all IPs to be the same and download it just one time.

And for security reasons the SA-MP client should verify if the reverse DNS and the DNS input are apointed to the server IPs, if not equal assume the server IP as folder name.

It will be quite interesting to get a response from Kalcor. We really appreciate it.

As many large servers use this technique to protect their servers.

My thought was that most regular players would add the server to their favorites by hostname and the files would be stored under the hostname folder, not IP address. But honestly, I haven't tested it yet.

Most of the larger servers are forced to be based on a single IP just because of the way the server list works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcor
Посмотреть сообщение
My thought was that most regular players would add the server to their favorites by hostname and the files would be stored under the hostname folder, not IP address. But honestly, I haven't tested it yet.

Most of the larger servers are forced to be based on a single IP just because of the way the server list works.
Perhaps it'd be a good idea to have the ability to specify a CDN in the gamemode?

This way you can balance the load across multiple locations/servers.

Edit: I just noticed that the method I have suggested has been made available. What a time to be alive.