2 IPS - Same Server?

Hey, well I wanted to ask. Is it possible to have 2 different IP's but the 2 different Ip's go to the same server with the same players? So 1 server has 2 IP's that can make you join on the server.

Some server hosting companies offer additional IP's to add to your VPS(example NFO) in which case you can simply add both IP's (though note if two servers in your favorites link to the same server they may display the server as being offline or one of them atleast).

You can also use an iptable to redirect traffic to the second IP if you are running linux.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abagail
Посмотреть сообщение
Some server hosting companies offer additional IP's to add to your VPS(example NFO) in which case you can simply add both IP's (though note if two servers in your favorites link to the same server they may display the server as being offline or one of them atleast).

You can also use an iptable to redirect traffic to the second IP if you are running linux.
So would it be possible when I go to SA-MP --> Internet, and see my server there twice? So both IP's go to the same server?

To OP:
Yeah, it's possible with different methods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abagail
Посмотреть сообщение

Any idea on how this guy does it?

Even if you add all the IP's to your favorites tab, they all still show as online. But they're all actually just one server.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dairyll
Посмотреть сообщение
Any idea on how this guy does it?

Even if you add all the IP's to your favorites tab, they all still show as online. But they're all actually just one server.
So that works? If yes, how can I do this? What needs to be arranged?
I got a hosting on samp4you. will I need to buy 2 hostings to make it work? Or does it only work in some special companys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugged
Посмотреть сообщение
The one on my screenshot? I don't know how to achieve that. But I can teach you how to redirect connections through iptables for Linux if you have root access to your server.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dairyll
Посмотреть сообщение
The one on my screenshot? I don't know how to achieve that. But I can teach you how to redirect connections through iptables for Linux if you have root access to your server.
What's root access, Is it the MySQL PHP Admin Access?
And does that do the similar thing as that which is shown in the screenshot?

Why would you want to do this, It's kind of scum baggy imo.

Well that seems to be a picture from SACTNR not samp.exe, anyways it's been my experience that 2 of the same servers in your favorite tab will show offline.

He probably uses iptables and has multiple IPs running a Linux VPS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugged
Посмотреть сообщение
I got a hosting on samp4you. will I need to buy 2 hostings to make it work? Or does it only work in some special companys?
have fun getting your server banned from the master list if you do that lol