My pc RAM

First of all sorry for my bad English!
Hello i have an bad pc but i want to make it a little bit better than he is
The pc have 1 gb ram... now i was thing to add 512 mb ram. But they are not the same model.
The 512mb ram is kingston KVR and the ram that is used on PC is 1gb ram (i dont know what model but not Kingston)
Now i want to know if i upgrade to motherboard 512mb ram it is going to 1.5gb ram and my graphic card is going up!
But my question is Will they have conflict or they will mix good together ?
Thanks for your answer
And if this is wrong post am sorry im newbie here !

What's your motherboard's RAM capacity?

Can tell mee how to check? Im newbie in pc parts and i dont know how to check Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by EskimoZM
Посмотреть сообщение
First of all sorry for my bad English!
Hello i have an bad pc but i want to make it a little bit better than he is
The pc have 1 gb ram... now i was thing to add 512 mb ram. But they are not the same model.
The 512mb ram is kingston KVR and the ram that is used on PC is 1gb ram (i dont know what model but not Kingston)
Now i want to know if i upgrade to motherboard 512mb ram it is going to 1.5gb ram and my graphic card is going up!
But my question is Will they have conflict or they will mix good together ?
Thanks for your answer
And if this is wrong post am sorry im newbie here !
You can't just add uneven numbers like that to achieve ram.

for example you can't have 3 gb ram and then add 2 gigs to get 5 it doesn't work that way.

You need both ram cards to be even and equal to each other for example I have four ram I want to add some more so I add a four gig ram to my mother board and end up with 8 gigs of ram.

EDIT: the mother board ram capacity is basically the slots you have in the mother board for ram.

P.S. The ram doesn't have to be from the same manufacturer as long as it's equal in number to each other it's fine.

I have 2 slots in my motherboard and the motherboard model is : ASRock N68-S
I searched for my motherboard and i thing is this Maximum memory: 8192MB

Download this: https://www.piriform.com/speccy run it and just copy and paste the information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLored
Посмотреть сообщение
You can't just add uneven numbers like that to achieve ram.

for example you can't have 3 gb ram and then add 2 gigs to get 5 it doesn't work that way.

You need both ram cards to be even and equal to each other for example I have four ram I want to add some more so I add a four gig ram to my mother board and end up with 8 gigs of ram.
Sure it works, you can combine any size of ram modules, as long as theyre the same type (ddr1, ddr2, ddr3) and the FSB is supported by the cpu and mainboard.
Youre probably confusing this with dual-channel mode. If you got two identical ram modules, and put them in the correct slots, dual-channel mode improves their data throughput, thus making it faster.

@OP: I honestly wouldnt recommend buying such "tiny" ram modules. From that size Id guess that its ddr2 ram, and ddr2 is pretty outdated and expensive compared to ddr3 or ddr4. Rather get some new PC if you got the money, thats laonger-lasting fun than investing in stoneold hardware.
RAM also wont speed up your graphics card, unless its a integrated one with shared memory.

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by EskimoZM
Посмотреть сообщение
I have 2 slots in my motherboard and the motherboard model is : ASRock N68-S
I searched for my motherboard and i thing is this Maximum memory: 8192MB
So its one of those DDR2/DDR3 combo boards. Find out if your CPU can run DDR3, and if your current ram is DDR2. If it is, just remove the old ram and get a 2gb DDR3 stick, they start at just about 10$, are much faster than the old ram, and you can still use it if you upgrade your motherboard later.
Dont use DDR2 and DDR3 modules at the same time, this can damage your hardware.
WRONG, this mainboard is DDR2 only, my bad

They are the same DDR 2
Also will RAM pc speed up my graphic card ?
I used it tested but my pc is going slow ! i need to format my pc or anything else ?

Speccy informations
PHP код:
Operating System
Windows 7 Professional 32
-bit
CPU
AMD Sempron 140    44 °C
Sargas 45nm Technology
RAM
1.00GB Single
-Channel DDR2 267MHz (4-4-4-12)
Motherboard
ASRock N68
-(CPUSocket)    32 °C
Graphics
W1934 
(1440x900@60Hz)
128MB NVIDIA GeForce 7025 nForce 630a (ASRock)
Storage
149GB Western Digital WDC WD16 00AAJS
-00L7A SCSI Disk Device (SATA)    34 °C
Optical Drives
HL
-DT-ST DVDRAM GH22NS40 SCSI CdRom Device
Audio
VIA High Definition Audio 
EDIT: how to find if my cpu can also run DDR3? i ned to change motherboard ?

1 gb ram and and old singlecore processor for windows 7 is probably why its getting slow. Getting more ram will help, but it wont magically run super fast, it will just end memory bottlenecks. It will speed up the graphic card, but just slightly, dont expect much from an integrated nvidia.
Best thing would be to buy some used complete pc, some dual-core or quad-core system with PCI-express graphics. Youll find that for less than 100$, and the performance increase will be huge. But depends on whether you got that spare money.

Quote:

EDIT: how to find if my cpu can also run DDR3? i ned to change motherboard ?

****** for "AMD sempron 140 ddr3". It supports ddr3-1066 and ddr3-1333.

EDIT: Sorry, my bad, i wasnt checking the ASRock N68-S, but the ASRock N68C-S. Your board only supports DDR2, and not DDR3, so ignore what I wrote about that.
So youd have to buy the old ddr2 ram. Downside of that is that you probably cant reuse it when upgrading your mainboard at some later point.

Okay thanks for your answer but i have something
I added it but my CPU is runing hight , verry hight and my pc got more slow . If i format it will fix or no ? Thanks