World crisis open-source gamemode (InDevelopment)

Hi there guys,

I just started to code with PAWN and I would be very happy if you any of you take a look at my code and give me some kind of review. There is not a lot to show right now, you can see mine login and registration system, and character save and load system. Gamemode is public on Github https://github.com/Istuk/World-crisis also you can take a look at my video on ******* where I present registratio/login system and load/save system https://*********/sw9l-xa8ue0

Thanks in advance,
Ilija Iљtuk.

A few bits of advice regarding the use of a repository. First off, don't upload binaries or compiled source code. It only slows down the commits and increases the size of the repository. Furthermore, for some of the files you've uploaded, such as the SA-MP repository, you have no rights to redistribute.

What also massively slows down your repository is the fact that you've uploaded the server log. All this is useless for repositories. Repositories are for source code and other text files required for these source codes. (Readme's and such.) here's a link on how to exclude these from commits (because I guess you've just used "git add *"): https://help.github.com/articles/ignoring-files/

Would be great if this had a lot of contributors! if so I think it will be one of the amazing scripts ever, a lot of scripters in one gamemode ----> something cool, but, you should choose the scripters wisely and according to some requirements you put at the start!
really interesting how the result will look like at the end if you will do what I told you to

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity
Посмотреть сообщение
Furthermore, for some of the files you've uploaded, such as the SA-MP repository, you have no rights to redistribute.
Well, SA-MP is redistributed all over the internet, and you're going to start shit with this guy?
I don't really think they care if he includes the entire SA-MP folder of his own project.

Rights here, rights there....

Rockstar Games EULA:
"Any persons copying, reproducing, or distributing all or any portion of the Software in any manner or medium, will be willfully violating the copyright laws"

So you have never downloaded a downgrader patch, no-dvd exectuable, sent someone a gamefile to fix their game or retreived such? Any game, since I bet you most games have similar license agreements.

If you ever did one of these things, or similar things with other files, such as music or movies, which i find hard to believe you have not (man up), don't ever mention that again, because your rights to refer to copyright laws to some random guy about someone elses software are gone with the wind.

If that's problem I'll remove SA-MP files from repo, I just tought that if someone want to use this that he can dowload whole project and start it right after download, without needing to configure anything. Also I was hoping to see more comments about gamemode, registration and login system.

Stanford I placed my e-mail in git readme so that anyone who want to join can mail me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquor
Посмотреть сообщение
Well, SA-MP is redistributed all over the internet, and you're going to start shit with this guy?
I don't really think they care if he includes the entire SA-MP folder of his own project.

Rights here, rights there....

Rockstar Games EULA:
"Any persons copying, reproducing, or distributing all or any portion of the Software in any manner or medium, will be willfully violating the copyright laws"

So you have never downloaded a downgrader patch, no-dvd exectuable, sent someone a gamefile to fix their game or retreived such? Any game, since I bet you most games have similar license agreements.

If you ever did one of these things, or similar things with other files, such as music or movies, which i find hard to believe you have not (man up), don't ever mention that again, because your rights to refer to copyright laws to some random guy about someone elses software are gone with the wind.
Just because other people are stupid enough to break the SA-MP terms of service, it doesnt mean you should be advising other people to do it. None of your post has any relevance. It doesn't matter what Infinity does outside of SA-MP, because this is the SA-MP forum and the OP is breaking the SA-MP Terms of Service. Infinity is trying to help him not get his work taken down - which he would have now that he has publicly announced that he's breaking the ToS, but he's already fixed it.

I don't want to break any rules and I'll leave only my gamemode source and bin, I'm very sorry and all this is my fault, becouse I didn't informed myself what is alowed. Also I'll write inside readme that code is owned by SA-MP team and put link to their website. Also I would like to ask for a favor, since I'm not at home until 21st July, so if anyone can take co-ownership and add .gitignore file and remove un-alowed files from repo

One more time I'm very sorry about all this it is all my fault :/

Thanks, I'm glad I got first comment about actual gamemode